Luminae/room service

B x

Whist we have had room service from Luminae when one of us was unwell and the Maitre de called and offered to bring dinner to us, I am note sure if that was a one off. Does anyone know if one can order room service specifically from their menu as a normality, or is it the bog standard room service menu?

One of our reasons for always booking a suite is the ability to dine there and the improved service and menu. However, we are becoming increasingly concerned reading some of the threads here suggesting capacity numbers are increasing, little social distancing and many not wearing masks......sorry guys I know it's a personal choice and not mandatory in many place and I'm not being critical. But having been forced to shield for almost two years due to health issues my caution is hopefully understandable. We are/were so looking forward to this cruise having had it re-scheduled three times so trying to think outside the box as to options for dining on a balcony based cruise.......which is fine in Greek sunshine. 

• Like 1

Room service is not usually available from Luminae. As you have found it can occasionally be offered but not generally.

I suggest you chat to the M’D of Luminae on boarding explaining your concerns and health issues.
Firstly they may be able to advise you about ‘quieter times’ for dinner, secondly they may be able to arrange for you to sit in a quieter part of the restaurant (wall corner)  and try to leave a bit of space around you. If you feel comfortable with this then you may not need room service. In our experience Luminae has rarely been busy on first opening apart from the window tables. 

If you still do not feel comfortable perhaps then tell the M’D that you still feel vulnerable and that you will be using room service. I think it would be unreasonable to request Luminae to offer this daily. Perhaps you could look on the app menus and request (in advance) a couple of meals from Luminae. You could also chat with your butler, again explaining your reluctance to visit restaurants, and see if he can arrange something with the speciality restaurants but, obviously, this would be at a charge.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

You didn't mention what ship you are sailing on, but if it is on a E Class ship unless you are in a higher level suite the table on balcony is way to small and to low to serve as a dining table.  The table inside the SS's are a little bigger but again very low.  

Another option would be to try the Oceanview buffet for dinner for a night or 2.  They are not crowded in the evening and you can get meat grilled to order and a wide variety of side dishes.

If you are in one of the high end suites, is it acceptable to have Luminae or even a specialty dining option served in your suite? We've ordered Sushi on 5 before in our suite, but wasn't sure about plated meals.

1 minute ago, sherylc said:

If you are in one of the high end suites, is it acceptable to have Luminae or even a specialty dining option served in your suite? We've ordered Sushi on 5 before in our suite, but wasn't sure about plated meals.

We usually cruise in a RS or PH. We rarely dine in suite but if we want something that is not standard room service we will chat with our butler or the M’D the day before and ask if it is possible to arrange something special…

Not something we would request frequently and we would never ask last minute, we respect that the restaurants and butlers are busy and the request is above and beyond what is included in the suite package.