I need some guidance disembarking in LA for a flight that has been changed.

To those of you who have disembarked in LA, how long does it take to get to LAX?  I don't know which port Regent uses or how far it is from the airport.  The airline rebooked us on a flight at 10:25. I don't believe we can make that. They have a flight at 11:35.  Is that possible to transfer or do we need to book the 1:15pm?

We appreciate your input as quickly as possible please.

I am fairly sure the port would be San Pedro. If you left ship at 8 am or 8:30 you have a good chance of making the 11:35 flight.  I for one would not be rushed about leaving ship. Have a good breakfast and leave easy around 9 and book the 1:15 flight. You should be good for that flight. Time to lax from San Pedro would be this than an hour but traffic could make it much more.  Traffic at lax in late march was really bad and that could slow arrival at terminal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chuck-------:

Based on past experience(s):

Should your disembarkation be at Long Beach, and considering time of day and horrific traffic even if the ship clears Customs (if necessary) on-schedule--

No-way as to 1025H; highly-problematical as to 1135H.  For peace of mind, go for 1315H.  

GOARMY!

• Thanks 1

Thankx for the two prompt replies.  Peace of mind and less stress is the way to go then!  I took your advice.  The 1315hrs flight is booked.  It's a Monday morning so traffic could be problematic if I tried earlier.

Just wish we didn't get in at midnight though with a layover in ATL.  They cancelled our nonstop. grrrrrr.  But at least we'll have the lay down seats for most of the trip.

Again appreciate it guys. Let's hope they don't alter this reservation.. It's already been changed twice by them.

Chuck--------:Ah, yes, "Them", and "They".  

Hey, Pcardad:  if you are perusing this particular Thread--

"Them"  being very, very-large genetically-altered flying ants from a late '50s Sci-Fi thriller movie of the same name.  A B-Grade Hollywood period-piece feeding upon media hype re: above-ground nuclear tests in relatively-nearby Nevada affecting local crawling critters.  Movie set in L.A., said creatures dwelling in underground water tunnels--until they decide to make a "Great Escape".  (Apologies to Steve McQueen and James Garner.)

Now, hows-about that for a show-stopper.  We will be aboard Mariner this October, said cruise featuring "Spotlight on Hollywood" presentations.  Hope there will be some reference to these classic '50s Sci-Fi flicks.  

Apologize for the distraction.  

Happy cruising to all.  

GOARMY!

• Like 2