Where on the HAL website do I enter my mBark photo and travel information?

farjar

This is from HAL but it gives no information where to enter the photo.  This is apparently different than VeriFLY which is an app downloaded to a phone.  It says it is done on the HAL website.

mBark is a mobile system that enables guests to check in for their cruise in less than 10 seconds, while the VeriFLY digital wallet for COVID-19 credentials offers a proven solution for proof of vaccination and test results.

With mBark facial recognition, guests who load their photo and all necessary pretravel information to Holland America Line’s website prior to embarkation will be able to use the touchless system. Following a quick face scan, guests can move through the check-in process in about 10 seconds, significantly reducing embarkation time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 7:03 PM, farjar said:

This is from HAL but it gives no information where to enter the photo.  This is apparently different than VeriFLY which is an app downloaded to a phone.  It says it is done on the HAL website.

mBark is a mobile system that enables guests to check in for their cruise in less than 10 seconds, while the VeriFLY digital wallet for COVID-19 credentials offers a proven solution for proof of vaccination and test results.

With mBark facial recognition, guests who load their photo and all necessary pretravel information to Holland America Line’s website prior to embarkation will be able to use the touchless system. Following a quick face scan, guests can move through the check-in process in about 10 seconds, significantly reducing embarkation time.

What interests me: who is the owner of that app and what about all the private information...... As far as I know HAL uses Navigator and Verifly.

The mBark system is installed at the embarkation port.  It recognises the image that you uploaded to the Verifly app.  mBark does not require you to do anything except upload your images to Verifly and then when you get to the embarkation port, smile into the mBark monitor.

(This is my opinion, based on embarkation in Trieste last year and reading the press release.)

• Thanks 1

Just found this link to the system.  I still believe it is an interface between Verifly and the ship's manifest software.  As far as cruisers are concerned mBark appears to run in the background and requires no input (except smiling at the monitor at embarkation point) from the cruiser.

https://www.skosystems.com/mbark/index.html

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, kazu said:

So, just so I understand this correctly - we now need Verifly, Navigator and this as well?  Yikes 😱 

No, you need to do nothing.  Verifly is still optional too.

I will report back after boarding next week 😁

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

No, you need to do nothing.  Verifly is still optional too.

I will report back after boarding next week 😁

Thanks.  I thought I read if you did the Navigator and Verifly boarding was a lot faster.  Look forward to your report.  Have a great cruise 🙂 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  I thought I read if you did the Navigator and Verifly boarding was a lot faster.  Look forward to your report.  Have a great cruise 🙂 

It does seem that in some embarkation ports Verifly is advantageous and in some others it is no advantage.