When Is Carnival Going to Address Bermuda Entry Requirements

Bermuda is one of my favorite places to visit; been there many times. We were booked for the 22 May Legend cruise and we paid the $80 about 1 1/2 weeks ago. A day later, I rescheduled the cruise to December. Too stressful for me. DH disappointed, but now we have two rescheduled cruises to look forward to; Sept. & Dec.

To those of you sailing on May 22, have a great time, and if it’s your first time in Bermuda, I think you’ll like it a lot. Have a Rum Swizzle or a Dark & Stormy for me. Happy sailing.

6 hours ago, bafinegan said:

The point also is this is Bermuda- NOT Carnival.  Cruiser's have a choice not to go.  But blaming Carnival is rather dumb.  They can't change it.

You quoted me but I never blamed Carnival. It is totally Bermuda trying to make a buck off tourists. I could see a small fee (maybe $10) for individuals since they need to do a little paperwork. But the cruise line would have one manifest with all the names cleared for them. No work on Bermuda’s part at all.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:16 PM, kdr69 said:

uhmmm you mean this?  Carnival.com is where you can find the Have Fun Be Safe Protocols page for answers like this and more AND its even updated frequently.  Quicker than waiting for an email.

SAFE SHORESIDE EXPERIENCES (UPDATED 05/04/22)

It will be necessary to follow the health protocols for every port we visit, which are under the control of local authorities and subject to change without prior notice. All guests, regardless of vaccination status, must come prepared to follow local guidance pertaining to mask wearing, physical distancing, testing/health screenings, etc.

Travel Authorization & Destination Health Questionnaires

The following destinations require the completion of a Travel Authorization or a health questionnaire for guests traveling to the said destinations. Except where otherwise noted, the QR coded provided at the end of the process must be presented at time of check-in.

• Bermuda – access Travel Authorization application here Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window.. A US$40, per person, fee applies for guests age 2 years and older.
  • Canada – access ArriveCAN application here Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window..
  • Spain – a paper passenger locator form will be provided during the cruise.

Itinerary Adjustments

Should it be necessary to cancel any or multiple ports, we will do our best to find alternative destinations. However, if we are unsuccessful in doing so, there will be no compensation for missed ports, beyond a refund of any pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions.

it’s called LAZY.  They need the answer RIGHT NOW, dear god their cruise is only 3 months away. LOL  Going to the actual source of for the answer to the question? How absurd, when you can go to a forum and get answers from various people that have nothing to do with the cruiseline at all.  The OP will probably post a follow up at the port how upset they are because a random CC member gave them wrong information.

it always cracks me up how people can’t do proper searches at the source, but are experts to access chat forums and complaint forums

LOL 

Edited by wiskt
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, wiskt said:

it’s called LAZY.  They need the answer RIGHT NOW, dear god their cruise is only 3 months away. LOL  Going to the actual source of for the answer to the question? How absurd, when you can go to a forum and get answers from various people that have nothing to do with the cruiseline at all.  The OP will probably post a follow up at the port how upset they are because a random CC member gave them wrong information.

it always cracks me up how people can’t do proper searches at the source, but are experts to access chat forums and complaint forums

LOL 

Unkind and unnecessary.  

• Like 3

On 5/11/2022 at 8:36 PM, wiskt said:

LOL 

Prior to making a post on Cruise Critic, I successfully obtained all entry requirements required by thr government of Bermuda for cruise ship passengers. Validation of that information was confirmed as well... all of this took time and effort. Most would say that is the antithesis of laziness.

The placement of entry requirements to a foreign country on Carnival's website is subjective... it would sound odd to place that type of information under "Have Fun, Be Safe" to many people.  As such, I did not look there. As an engineer, I did my due diligence regarding Bermuda requirements.... anything but lazy.

Other cruisers have had similar concerns, and it was they who are sailing now that I was concerned.  Carnival should do better.  My other preferred cruise line has informed their customers in a clear and concise manner regarding Bermuda requirements.  Carnival needs to do the same... Now.

Edited by WKUTopperFan

The point is pay the fee and go - which having been to Bermuda by ship the $40 (in my opinion is worth it). Or if the thought of this fee is causing you such distress, book a cruise somewhere else. Problem solved.

My issue is I am in recovery  mode from Covid and can test positive weeks or months after.  Carnival accepts Documentation  of Recovery along with a positive Covid test within 90 days ( but no less than 10 days if I am not mistaken ) .  Bermuda sounds like they need a negative test and don’t mention Documentation of Recovery for non  residents.  It sounds like they are dictating if I can get on the ship or not.  I don’t mind staying on the ship in port, but do I even have that option?