Live Cruising Review Adventure of the Seas 5/12/22 - 5/21/22 Bermuda / Caribbean Lots of Pictures !!!

31 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2 Windjammer Lunch … chicken fingers… not  available upfront… only at the back … you have to look around and spot the differences… 

Waldo's specialty, checking out the  different nuances of a particular buffets offerings. Have to be judicious when deciding to sample or indulge. There are multiple ways of attacking a buffet. 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

There are two lines, one for those with reservations and another for walk ups.  They open at 645, which IMHO is a joke since other lines open at 530 or so for their version of MTD.

Benny had mentioned about the Windjammer being jammed when he stopped to peruse and possibly have a snack before he went to the MDR later in the evening.  If people are used to eating at 600, they are relegated to either the Windjammer or early set dining.  If you want flexibility, you need to be flexible and start at 645 or later.

I didn’t remember there being two lines. I assume you’re saying the 6:45 or later reservations are for same day walkups and the earlier reservations are for those who had made reservations prior to or at the beginning of the cruise. If that’s the case, that’s good to know. Sounds like it would come down to a choice between flexibility or committing to eating at an earlier time. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 1

The clock will be moved forward to match the time in Bermuda tonight / tomorrow morning.  I am used to staying on ship time but I guess every ship is different.

I have to say that the service on this ship is not a good as the Oasis.  The staff is definitely trying but of all the Royal ship I have been on this year this is at the bottom.  Is it going ruin the cruise… of course not… but when I ask my room steward for basic items like a feather pillow ( I got a thin iso toner pillow), I asked for ice ( no ice), no cups and no welcome cookies / water in the room it does cause an inconvenience but I cruise on.

One of the bar I went to had no Chardonnay of any kind, no champagne and half a glass of Sauvignon Blanc left that the bar tender just gave me 😂 no charge at all… he said check back tomorrow while they restock.

I joined this thread a little late, but I can't miss it,

You do an amazing job with all of your reviews and photos.

Thank you so much Benny for taking us along.

I feel your pain, back in February 2022, we were on Odessey Of The Seas,

shows, entertainment, Service, food quality, presentation,

and variety was amazing.

Then 3 weeks ago we went on Explorer Of The Seas (sister ship of Adventures OTS)

And we could not be more disappointed with this ship.  Lacking on everything,

Food, entertainment, service, you name it.  They were short staff and I think this

had a lot to do with all the problems they are encountering.

I think the older ships are not getting the attention they need.

Edited by LATTELOVE

1 hour ago, Garycruz said:

Sounds like it would come down to a choice between flexibility or committing to eating at an earlier time. 

thats what i had to do when i noticed mtd started very late. i had to select early dinning time for me since i cant get a 6pm time slot with mtd. This will be first cruise in a very long time with a early traditional dinning. all of my past cruises on other cruise lines was always some type of anytime/your time dinning 

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Waldo's specialty, checking out the  different nuances of a particular buffets offerings. Have to be judicious when deciding to sample or indulge. There are multiple ways of attacking a buffet. 😁

If nothing there is to my liking I go some where else… but spot the differences and you might be pleasantly surprised!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LATTELOVE said:

I joined this thread a little late, but I can't miss it,

You do an amazing job with all of your reviews and photos.

Thank you so much Benny for taking us along.

I feel your pain, back in February 2022, we were on Odessey Of The Seas,

shows, entertainment, Service, food quality, presentation,

and variety was amazing.

Then 3 weeks ago we went on Explorer Of The Seas (sister ship of Adventures OTS)

And we could not be more disappointed with this ship.  Lacking on everything,

Food, entertainment, service, you name it.  They were short staff and I think this

had a lot to do with all the problems they are encountering.

I think the older ships are not getting the attention they need.

Welcome aboard the virtual cruise!  They pluck staff for the Wonder, then they fill the Oasis class ships ( higher cruiser fare ) then the “bargain” ships are left to fend for themselves… there is a huge difference between the Oasis Class ships and AOS.  Is it an enjoyable cruise … of course but it is very different!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

The best part of our cruise on Explorer Of The Seas,

Day 5 the Windjammer had a seafood dinner. it was very good.

Wondering if they will do the same for Adventures 

Ohhh I can’t wait for that if that happens here!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

how were the lines to windjammer on day 2 dinner? was it as bad as yesterday?

Today there is a small line around 6-6:30 PM. I was chatting with the Maître d' and he said day 1 is the worst and then every day 6-6:30 there will be a line …

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Garycruz said:

I didn’t remember there being two lines. I assume you’re saying the 6:45 or later reservations are for same day walkups and the earlier reservations are for those who had made reservations prior to or at the beginning of the cruise. If that’s the case, that’s good to know. Sounds like it would come down to a choice between flexibility or committing to eating at an earlier time. 

No, as Benny has mentioned, those who want MTD can either show up at anytime starting at 645 through the end of seatings or have a set appointment starting at 645.  I got 700 slots lined up for our 3 day in November.  Am doing a 5 day next month and will get slots on board.  My 7 day next month we have the UDP, so it won't matter about the MDR.

If you wish to eat before 645, either go to the buffet or have early set time dining.  Kind of sucks with MTD starting so late on RCI.

Day 2

So I was told that the crew also need a travel authorization form that needs to be renewed every 30 days.  Officers and above they have to pay their own way downwards Royal picks up the tab!