Live Cruising Review Adventure of the Seas 5/12/22 - 5/21/22 Bermuda / Caribbean Lots of Pictures !!!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

BennyBrun was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

The time has come for yet another virtual cruise.  This week I will be on Adventure of the Seas in a Spacious Balcony room with complimentary dinning.  The prices have gone way up to the point I don’t see it as value to me personally since I have been to them before and was not overly impressed with the offerings (Chops , Giovanni’s Table and Izumi only ) and now it’s over $200 with a sale it’s a no go for me!  There will be lots of pictures as usual, lots of food and lots of my random thoughts 💭   As always, you got questions I will attempt to find an answer for you!

FB72C611-AEE6-40D8-B5AE-038DBED6FDD4.jpeg

• Like 11

Pre Cruise -

Now because we are going to Bermuda there is an extra step to this cruise!  You have to pay $40.00 to the Bermuda government to get a travel authorization.  You can start the process 30 days prior to sailing but you have to go back 4 days before sailing to upload a PCR test or 2 days before sailing to upload rapid antigen test before they will send you the approval.  Remember that a screen shot will not work.  It has to be in the format that they accept!

DA485CF3-E79D-425E-8F92-87A91CCA855E.jpeg

37 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Pre Cruise

My sail date is Thursday so I took my proctored rapid antigen test today (Tuesday) to meet the embarkation requirement as well as the Bermuda government requirement!!

4B2853AD-03CE-46B0-9340-53D97FE10CBE.jpeg

I have a question about the logistics of the antigen testing for Bermuda. We'll be doing a B2B on the Adventure in October, a nine day NE/Canada followed by 5 day Bermuda. Will Royal administer the antigen test and forward the results to Bermuda? I ask this because I've read that Royal doesn't do testing any more on B2B's.

54 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

I'm in, excited to follow this one as well.  We have not been to Bermuda!

St. Maarten and San Juan are two favorites of ours to visit.

Welcome aboard!  I love Bermuda … it is so beautiful… very expensive so I like the overnight itineraries so you can use the ship as base!

46 minutes ago, edrussell said:

Will be following along as we will be embarking on Adventure on May 21 as you get off.  So take care of her for us!

I certainly will!  This is an oldie by goodie for me.  Always have a special spot in my heart for the adventure of the seas!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I have a question about the logistics of the antigen testing for Bermuda. We'll be doing a B2B on the Adventure in October, a nine day NE/Canada followed by 5 day Bermuda. Will Royal administer the antigen test and forward the results to Bermuda? I ask this because I've read that Royal doesn't do testing any more on B2B's.

You are responsible to apply / pay for the travel authorization to Bermuda IF that is still in play in October!!  So you will have to test within the time frame as requested by Bermuda that will not be Royal’s responsibility but never hurt to ask them while onboard but I would bring EMED as a backup in case you still need this travel authorization.  At $40.00 per person per trip… I wonder how long they will keep this up… hmmmm

16 minutes ago, Brendajax said:

I’m confused. This group is not the roll call, right? I’m on a roll call and just found this. 

This is NOT part of any roll call!  This is a live review!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

FUN!!  I hope you had a great cruise !!  I am so excited about this itinerary!!

Oh It was very memorable.  We were in San Juan during the 2019 protests over the then President.  Saw all the graffiti, protests.  We were scared at first before we realized what was going on.  Still we felt better after we were back on the ship!

The Helmut diving in St. Maarten was fun too!

Pre Cruise…

Something else that’s different… I have any time dinning but they already made my dinner reservations for each day before I am even on the ship… I wonder if my escargot will be waiting for me at the table 😆 

E7F41BB8-B874-4FE8-94A4-01B9522D706A.jpeg

D1BA56D6-58F1-4274-BC9C-CCD29DF1801D.jpeg

• Like 1

Pre Cruise

It is very important for Bermuda bound cruisers to take care of the Travel Authorization, simply uploading vaccine card and test result is not enough.  You have to wait to the approval to arrive in your email, digitally sign and initial and then it will generate an authorization certificate with all of your information.  If it is a day before your sail date and you have not received this you need to call the Bermuda Health Department !!  You will not be able to board without it with the current requirement !!  Even if you just want to stay on the ship in Bermuda you still need this to board!!   It’s sad to see key cards not picked up on embarkation night.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Oh It was very memorable.  We were in San Juan during the 2019 protests over the then President.  Saw all the graffiti, protests.  We were scared at first before we realized what was going on.  Still we felt better after we were back on the ship!

The Helmut diving in St. Maarten was fun too!

Wow!  That is definitely for the memory book!!

Sad that I can’t be with the you this time, but excited to follow along. Of all the places we have been on 40+ cruises, we have never been to Bermuda.

I am stalking a June journey on Celebrity Summitt though!

mac_tlc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Sad that I can’t be with the you this time, but excited to follow along. Of all the places we have been on 40+ cruises, we have never been to Bermuda.

I am stalking a June journey on Celebrity Summitt though!

mac_tlc

I will miss having a co-author that added a different view on the same cruise.

I have been to Bermuda on the Summit and it is the perfect size ship to visit Bermuda.  If you plan the excursions right it is a very relaxing trip. If you are not fussy with stateroom locations last minute dels are amazing on the Summit!  Also try to do some of the excursions on your own instead of through the ship as most of the popular attractions are accessible via Bus or Ferry and the transportation pass for the day or two days is well worth the money and it drops you off very close to the attractions.

• Thanks 1