Q & A for those cruising Princess June 16, 19, 23 & 26 out of Brisbane

35 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Not sure if asked already. As you able to pay to upgrade from the included plus fare drinks package to the super duper drinks package? Just curious if and how much per day.

I think you have to upgrade your fare to a Premium fare. I'm not sure what that costs in AU terms but it was very expensive in USD. I can't remember the exact amount, possibly $70. There is a thread on the main Princess forum about it.

• Thanks 1

Someone of Facey just asked this question, so I thought I'd add it in here.
Are the pools heated on the Coral?
Normally ship pools are not heated, but I did read last week that they were heated on the Pacific Explorer, so that would be nice for a winter cruise. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Someone of Facey just asked this question, so I thought I'd add it in here.
Are the pools heated on the Coral?
Normally ship pools are not heated, but I did read last week that they were heated on the Pacific Explorer, so that would be nice for a winter cruise. Thanks.

I doubt that the pool are heated on either the Coral or on the Pacific Explorer.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I doubt that the pool are heated on either the Coral or on the Pacific Explorer.

Me too. BUT last week someone on the Pacific Explorer said that they were heated. 

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I realise that you were reporting what someone said on another forum and that it wasn't your opinion.🙂

Correct yep. This is what (unamed person)  just said elsewhere...... 
"yes all pools on explorer were heated on the activation cruise", and this.
"Hi guys all pools on explorer are now heated all 3 pools and quite warm. I was on the activation cruise."

Maybe P&O did this to impress the TA's, then they will turn off the heaters.

Edited by CDaze71
  • Haha 2

Princess has never had heated pools unfortunately. Or should I say temperature controlled pools as when we did a repositioning cruise on Golden up to HK the Lotus Spa pool actually got too warm one day.

P&O may have changed Explorer to heated especially as they have started with winter cruising out of Sydney.

This is critically important stuff. We will need to know the temperature of each pool. If the sensors are up to date, it will show on the navigation channel on the TV. 

No doubt, Pacific Explorer had nice warm water pools last week. The crew have been floating their candles on them for their zen relaxation sessions for the past 6 weeks.

More likely the cold water pools were much warmer than the icy breezes across the deck. I believe the spa can be heated.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess has never had heated pools unfortunately. Or should I say temperature controlled pools as when we did a repositioning cruise on Golden up to HK the Lotus Spa pool actually got too warm one day.

P&O may have changed Explorer to heated especially as they have started with winter cruising out of Sydney.

Coral has a heated pool. The one with the roof.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 4:18 PM, sj_cavy said:

Cbtours, another question to investigate, Bordeaux or Provence for the MDR? 

We're Club class and that is in in the Bordeaux dining room so maybe that will be used for lunches too. So I am not sure if you are asking me to check which is the best one?

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Unless you are in a Club Class suite/mini suite, you can choose which restaurant you prefer.

I wasn’t sure if op meant lunch which is usually only one isn’t it?

• Like 1

Just now, Cbtours said:

I wasn’t sure if op meant lunch which is usually only one isn’t it?

I thought they MAY have meant for lunch. It is usually only one and on other ships I seem to recall it was the restaurant on deck 6. Of course, I am trying to remember from 27 months ago. 😁

I answered the question regarding a restaurant for dinner, but I am not sure which way the quetion was meant.  We have the option of selecting the restaurant and the time. We chose the Provence restaurant because it is on deck 6, only one deck below where the theatre is. We can easily walk up one flight of stairs after dinner.

• Like 2

I thought the question was asking which one is the better one, and yes, they are cookie cutter. Some brands like one huge dining room, whereas Princess prefers them to look more intimate and has more of them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

When I selected my dining time in the app (6pm share table), I didn't seem to get a choice of which Dining Room. It just automatically came up as Provence. 

I am sure we had the choice of restaurant because we debated whether deck 5 or deck 6 would be more convenient for us.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

When I selected my dining time in the app (6pm share table), I didn't seem to get a choice of which Dining Room. It just automatically came up as Provence. 

Other restaurant may not have had vacancy at the time you chose.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Coral has a heated pool. The one with the roof.

Isn’t it just heated by the fact that it is covered by a glass roof which in turn would act like a solar blanket? Curious ……… 🤔

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We're Club class and that is in in the Bordeaux dining room so maybe that will be used for lunches too. So I am not sure if you are asking me to check which is the best one?

My question is for when you get on board, do you find any difference other than decor? Do you prefer one of the other? The app gives the option of both rooms.

Thanks to all the comments. It’s great for learning more. On our first cruise we didn’t go to the MDR very often as there were issues with communication and expectations within the group we were with. I want to make the most of this cruise and I’m not sure if I should start booking for the MDR and what times to book for the different days. I want to push myself outside my comfort zone and meet more people. 

Edited by sj_cavy
  • Like 1

sj_cavy:   If you are referring to Club Class over not Club Class (CC) - this option is available when you book a mini suite only. We have CC on the 26th June cruise because DH (Dear Husband) wanted to try it out.

Edited by Porky55

14 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

My question is for when you get on board, do you find any difference other than decor? Do you prefer one of the other? The app gives the option of both rooms.

Thanks to all the comments. It’s great for learning more. On our first cruise we didn’t go to the MDR very often as there were issues with communication and expectations within the group we were with. I want to make the most of this cruise and I’m not sure if I should start booking for the MDR and what times to book for the different days. I want to push myself outside my comfort zone and meet more people. 

The main difference between the two dining rooms is that the Bordeaux is on deck 5 and the Provence is directly above it on deck 6. The menus are the same.

• Like 1