Edge Western Med vs Infinity Greek Isles!

etravel

So, last year I did ask a similar question between the two itineraries and then we ended up staying a bit closer to home and doing the Eastern Caribbean! So for 2023, looking at the Edge (I know a way newer and more deluxe ship, departs Barc. for Cannes, Portofino, Florence, Rome, Corsica) or the Infinity (Has/will it be modernized by then?) departs Athens for Thessaloniki, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Rhodes, Santorini, and Hydra....The Greek Isles has intrigued me but there are some great ports on the Edge and I know it is a lot newer ship...just wondered if anyone has done both of those itineraries before and/or several times and which would you choose! We've done lots of Caribbean cruises and a European river cruise we loved..wish I had more time and would do one of the sailings that combines some of these, but my DH can't be away that long from his business...Any opinions would be welcomed!!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Actual we´ll be on the Edge in August, same itinerary. For us it was more about the ship, as Europeans we have been to most of the places before. So far we havn´t sailed an Edge Class ship (only S-class) and we are interested in that experience.

The infinity is a much older ship, maybe more intimate with less pax. Some prefer the smaller ships.

Beside of the ship I would prefer the greek islands, so beautiful. But I have to say I love nature and "old stones" more than bigger cities. But if you have never been to Barcelona and Rome they for sure are worth a visit.

So it is up to you and your preferences.

I would choose based on ports, not ship. We have done almost all of those ports.   If you can add time at the beginning and/or end then the Edge and spend a few days in Barcelona. If you only have time to spend pre or post cruise then the Greek islands.