EMBARKING WITH CHEMO BALD HEAD

I had a similar experience at airport passport control. The rather arrogant and rude official insisted I remove my headscarf even though I told him 3 times I had no hair. When I started to remove the scarf he quickly ushered me through, I think the shock of seeing my bald head hopefully shamed him. I wasn't comfortable at that point showing my bald head in public but did overcome it a few months later.

2 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

I had a similar experience at airport passport control. The rather arrogant and rude official insisted I remove my headscarf even though I told him 3 times I had no hair. When I started to remove the scarf he quickly ushered me through, I think the shock of seeing my bald head hopefully shamed him. I wasn't comfortable at that point showing my bald head in public but did overcome it a few months later.

I understand the issue, but IMO, if you don't treat everyone equally, it just becomes security theater *, not actual security. 

* Well, for the most part, it already is security theater.  😞

• Like 1

When I see a lady with a bald head I look at them with admiration. Knowing what they went thru to be around today is admirable to me. I say go bald if you can get comfortable with it and wear it proudly. Wishing you a long and healthy life. ❤️

• Like 1

On 5/12/2022 at 12:38 PM, Grandma7 said:

First, congratulations on completing your treatment!!!

Second, be proud of your beautiful hair, (or lack of). It shows your courage and determination!!

I remember how hot the wigs were and how miserable I was wearing them! When my daughter had cancer at 24, I realized how gorgeous she was with nothing on her head,just wearing a great pair of earings.She rarely wore a wig. Now I see so many women doing that and admire them so much!. You do what makes YOU comfortable!!! I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I'd wear anything like a badge of courage and achievement!  Think Enya!  I would probably get to work on some kind of sparkly headband, maybe beading one.  I don't think they'd be concerned about that.  But whip off the beanie and then cram it back on...easy peasy.  Congratulations on fighting the good fight..."Don't mess with hlfrps!"  Here's a solution:  It even has hair hanging out.  Heck this looks so good, I may even order one for our upcoming just for grins!

https://www.headcovers.com/ponytail-headband-baseball-hat-with-hair-ball-cap/?gclid=CjwKCAjwkYGVBhArEiwA4sZLuPLm5ofOytxaFsttsx57DKOQDLsjmTg3WRsURBVx8nNUcLdOOqQSLxoC9JgQAvD_BwE

distressed-cotton-baseball-cap-women-17h_1.webp

Edited by BecciBoo