Leaving on Grandeur on Wednesday - any recent tips/reviews?

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Would that be Grandeur in particular, or Vision class in general?

We have been on Vision of the Seas one time a Mexican Rivera Cruise...........Not much luck on that cruise either.........we sailed the last 5 days of a 7 day cruise with only 2 of the 4 diesel engines working. So  only the 2 engines  on the port side were working.

So we missed 2 ports and traveled at a reduced speed..........To move the ship the Captain had to steer the ship to the left to travel straight.............Really thought we were going to get stranded and have to be taken off the ship or towed back to home.

That ships is old too and probably should be taken out of service too and we were on it 15 years ago...........Can't think it's much better now.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Umm, pretty sure they knew how many folks were getting on in Galveston 

I didnt say they didnt know, what you quoted was more than double got on and they expected the same crew to take care of them. Bound to be some issues. Well it's in the past.

Maybe I just like bigger ships. I loved oasis and went right back to Florida to do her again. Maybe I'll get tired of such big ships but I loved oasis. Could be grandeur isnt my thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have been on Vision of the Seas one time a Mexican Rivera Cruise...........

[snip]

That ships is old too and probably should be taken out of service too and we were on it 15 years ago...........Can't think it's much better now.

And again ... YMMV

Was on Vision August 2017 for a 16 night Arctic Crossing (Copenhagen to Cape Liberty).  Fantastic cruise with no issues.