Star Family Suite

annmarz

Thinking of upgrading to the Family Suite on Star.  Does it have a balcony?  I have received conflicting info on this.  Would the upgrade include free wifi for the duration of the cruise?  What other amenities would we get?  I really appreciate your answers!

sorry, but if you check the description of the family suite, although it a large and very spacious, it does not have a balcony. i dont believe any of the family suites on any of the ncl vessels have balconies, consequently i have been reluctant to book this type of cabin. no balcony is a deal breaker for me!

There are four family suites with balconies on the Star.  They are port side 12510 and 12512 and starboard side 12010 and 12012.

Here is a very old (2012) short Youtube video of 12512

7 hours ago, annmarz said:

Thinking of upgrading to the Family Suite on Star.  Does it have a balcony?  I have received conflicting info on this.  Would the upgrade include free wifi for the duration of the cruise?  What other amenities would we get?  I really appreciate your answers!

The answer to the suite itself actually depends on which "Family Suite"!

An S4 on deck 11, does have a balcony, and, in fact is a 2-bedroom suite.

An SP on deck 12, does NOT have a balcony and is one large room.

You really should look at the deck plans for yourself to decide!!!

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/deck-plans  (look for deck # next to the ship icon --upper right!)

WiFi is included (to some extent 😃 in the FREE at SEA package.  Depending on usage, you might need to pay to upgrade (but also depends on which perks you have selected for your booking... xx number of minutes vs unlimited).

All other amenities depend on your booking, so we can't actually answer that question directly!

You would need to read NCL's Terms and conditions for your booking.

2 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

The answer to the suite itself actually depends on which "Family Suite"!

An S4 on deck 11, does have a balcony, and, in fact is a 2-bedroom suite.

An SP on deck 12, does NOT have a balcony and is one large room.

You really should look at the deck plans for yourself to decide!!!

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/deck-plans  (look for deck # next to the ship icon --upper right!)

WiFi is included (to some extent 😃 in the FREE at SEA package.  Depending on usage, you might need to pay to upgrade (but also depends on which perks you have selected for your booking... xx number of minutes vs unlimited).

All other amenities depend on your booking, so we can't actually answer that question directly!

You would need to read NCL's Terms and conditions for your booking.

The S4 rooms are actually very nice for a couple!  I thought that we would miss a balcony, but those huge windows give such an awesome view, and, if we wanted to go outside to fresh air, we just walked out to the pool deck, or went up to deck 13.