Hotels In Rome

Cruise Fanatic

Am Booked on the ms Noordam 9/28/06 Rome to NYC. This is my first trip to Italy. I will be arriving in Rome on the 25 of Sept. I would appreciate any reccomendations for hotels to stay in, and or any other informations that would be helpful from those of lyou that have visited Rome before.

Am Booked on the ms Noordam 9/28/06 Rome to NYC. This is my first trip to Italy. I will be arriving in Rome on the 25 of Sept. I would appreciate any reccomendations for hotels to stay in, and or any other informations that would be helpful from those of lyou that have visited Rome before.

I am booked on the ms Noordam 5/11/06 on a 10 day cruise beginning/ending in Rome. We will be in Rome for 4 days prior to our cruise. We have booked our own hotel as Holland America only provides hotel connections for a max of 3 nights and will be staying at a place called the Nuovo Hotel Quattro Fontane. If you aren't booking your hotel till the end of May, I can let you know how that hotel was when I return.

Check out the Hotel Bernini Bristol. It's a smaller hotel with an elegant atmosphere (at least it was when I was there in '99). It's a short walk to the Spanish Steps---at the foot of the Via Venito.

They treated me very well during a tragic time in my life.

Cruise Fanatic,

We have stayed twice at the Hotel Qurinale in via Nationale. It is a lovely old style hotel, with large rooms and has a beautiful courtyard where one has breakfast.

It is in a great position, close to everything.

Jennie

I have stayed several times in a small boutique hotel called the Hotel Sant'Anna on Borgo Pio. It is about two blocks from St. Peter's square on a quiet pedestrian only street. I love the people there! It is close to a main bus stop and there is a taxi stand acraa from St. Peter's. A great place to eat is a restaurant called La Cisterna in Trastevere. YUM!

Cruise Fanatic: I wish I could help you with a hotel recommendation, but I am glad to see you are on this cruise! DW & I are also booked on this cruise. We are using the HAL pre-cruise package and do not know our hotel yet. We arrive in Rome on Sept 24.

Please check the HAL Roll Call sub-forum for the Noordam--we have about 6 other CCer's who are also taking this cruise and most are booking hotels on thier own, too. There are a LOT of suggestions for Rome hotels in the Europe sub-forum, in the Ports of Call forum.

Glad you are joining us both on the HAL forum and on the Noordam!

Archived