Crew on Scarlet Lady

godzukihop

After already sailed on Princss, Carnival, NCL and RCL I can tell you without a doubt the crew on Scarlet Lady is the happiest crew we have experienced. Other lines are cordial, but the  Scarlet Lady crew appear to be the happiest. Maybe they get treated better than other lines.⁸

• Like 5

One small thing VV does for the crew is give them free internet.  Most other lines make the crew pay for internet.  I would imagine it means a lot to be able to keep in touch with friends and family back at home.

• Like 1

The also are a lot more casually dressed, and, according to crew, get to eat at least some of the same food that "sailors" do.  I know that the quality of crew food is a common complaint on other lines.

• Like 2

At least some level of staff gets to eat in the galley and the themed restaurants as well.  I know they are allowed to eat with guests if you invite them space available.  I've had great chats with "The Happenings" members in The Galley over lunch and one night in Pink Agave, we spotted two cooks who had been grilling up ribs at the Bimini Beach Club having dinner at the table next to us and we hung out visiting with them for a while.  I love the closer interaction staff has with guests on Virgin.  

• Like 2

This crew member is on the Valiant Lady.  Her YouTube channel talks about the benefits of being crew on VV over other lines.  Free WiFi, more single cabins and having a mess hall that is not separated by classes are the main benefits.  The people working in the underbelly of the ship get to eat with the officers every meal which really encourages camaraderie.  That will hopefully continue to exhibit itself in the attitude of the staff over time.

• Like 3

I was able to talk with the crew on the MerMaiden of Scarlet back in October. They said it all comes down to Richard Branson's philosophy: take care of the crew and they'll take care of your guests. And it shows. Besides the free internet, more casual dress, and everything that has been mentioned already, they also have shorter shifts with breaks in between instead of long shifts. They truly feel like they're being looked after. And it's the little things too, like not having to cover up tattoos or piercings. 

• Like 3

From what the crew I spoke with told me, when they are not on duty they have free roam of the ship - an option not allowed on other ships. I ran into my tech goddess and one of my wait staff from the Test Kitchen. I wish I'd known earlier, I was traveling solo and not really paying a lot of attention.

After your voyage you'll be sent a request for feedback. Naming crew who were exemplary in their support for you goes a long way towards added bonuses and benefits for those crew.

• Like 3

I second naming outstanding crew--if you don't know a last name, first name and where they worked is fine.  On almost every line, guest comments influence all sorts of benefits from a few extra hours off while the ship is in port to raises and promotions.

• Like 3

On 5/24/2022 at 7:01 PM, cantgetin said:

I second naming outstanding crew--if you don't know a last name, first name and where they worked is fine.  On almost every line, guest comments influence all sorts of benefits from a few extra hours off while the ship is in port to raises and promotions.

We take pictures of their name badges so we can remember them for the reviews. 🙂 

• Like 1