Seattle Pier 91 to airport.....flat rate for uber or taxi?

On 2/27/2024 at 1:02 AM, Kendall R said:

I’m happy I ran across this post. I will be sailing from Seattle to Alaska later on in the year and it never occurred to me that I would need ArriveCAN for my cruise. At the very least, that would’ve been a major inconvenience.

Yeah so am I going to Alaska from Seattle in October 

2 minutes ago, Kendall R said:

It is no longer required to enter Canada. 🙂

You have to visit some Canadian port, normally Victoria, when on a closed loop cruise out of Seattle. Hence, you need ArriveCAN.

9 hours ago, tscoffey said:

You have to visit some Canadian port, normally Victoria, when on a closed loop cruise out of Seattle. Hence, you need ArriveCAN.

ArriveCan is not currently used by cruise passengers sailing to Alaska.  It may be still operational, but it isn't needed to cruise to Alaska.

During the 2021 ''return to cruising' season, Canada was closed to all but the smallest cruise ships. The US Senate passed a Bill exempting the required 'foreign stop' for a closed loop cruise, thus helping to save both the cruise industry, and the Alaskan tourist season.

ArriveCan was used during the 2022 Alaska cruise season. Every passenger sailing to Canada needed to be registered under ArriveCan. 

During the 2023 season, ArriveCan was not required by our Canadian friends, so passengers didn't need to download it or register using it.

ArriveCan will not be needed, expected, or checked during the upcoming 2024 Alaska cruise season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

ArriveCan is not currently used by cruise passengers sailing to Alaska.  It may be still operational, but it isn't needed to cruise to Alaska.

During the 2021 ''return to cruising' season, Canada was closed to all but the smallest cruise ships. The US Senate passed a Bill exempting the required 'foreign stop' for a closed loop cruise, thus helping to save both the cruise industry, and the Alaskan tourist season.

ArriveCan was used during the 2022 Alaska cruise season. Every passenger sailing to Canada needed to be registered under ArriveCan. 

During the 2023 season, ArriveCan was not required by our Canadian friends, so passengers didn't need to download it or register using it.

ArriveCan will not be needed, expected, or checked during the upcoming 2024 Alaska cruise season.

So one still needs it