Seattle Pier 91 to airport.....flat rate for uber or taxi?

We are looking for the best transfer option from Sea-Tac to Pier 91 for our group of 10 adults, including two 72 years old seniors.  We've checked with Seattle Shuttle and they're sold out until early afternoon.  Seattle Express doesn't pickup from Sea-Tac.  Other online companies want over $220 for a private transfer.  Should we take two taxi vans if it's going to cost around $50-60 per van?  Same for the return trip from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac?

8 hours ago, gatec1008 said:

We are looking for the best transfer option from Sea-Tac to Pier 91 for our group of 10 adults, including two 72 years old seniors.  We've checked with Seattle Shuttle and they're sold out until early afternoon.  Seattle Express doesn't pickup from Sea-Tac.  Other online companies want over $220 for a private transfer.  Should we take two taxi vans if it's going to cost around $50-60 per van?  Same for the return trip from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac?

I don't know that a taxi van can handle 5 PLUS all the bags. But if cost is your main driver, then I would give it a try, and, if needed, add a third taxi if needed. If getting everyone there together, then $220 isn't really that much more.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:53 PM, RazorPokesHoney said:

We caught a taxi shuttle from Pier 91 to Sea-Tac and it cost us $20 each plus a tip. This was this past Tuesday.

Did you signup in advance for this?

On 6/2/2022 at 11:59 PM, buddylover said:

Look up Seattle Express Shuttles, cheapest around!

Do you know if they will take you from an airport hotel to a downtown Seattle hotel?  We fly in late at night so we are staying at the airport the first night and then will be staying at the Hilton on 6th street the day before we cruise.  So we need transportation from the airport hotel or if need be we could go back to the airport to pick up a shuttle to another hotel.  Thanks in advance for your help!

13 minutes ago, camella said:

Do you know if they will take you from an airport hotel to a downtown Seattle hotel?  We fly in late at night so we are staying at the airport the first night and then will be staying at the Hilton on 6th street the day before we cruise.  So we need transportation from the airport hotel or if need be we could go back to the airport to pick up a shuttle to another hotel.  Thanks in advance for your help!

You could call them and ask, but I bet you would have to go back to the airport. 

On 5/28/2022 at 12:40 AM, Dan G said:

there is a shuttle company at seatac and they offer private shuttles.  Look at this site

https://premierairportshuttle.com/reservations/

They operate from the Seatac garage and are legit.

We are using Premier Airport Shuttle later this week for all of our transportation in Seattle. They are taking us from airport to downtown hotel, then from hotel to pier the next morning, then from pier to airport when we return to Seattle. For our group of 8 it is a 10 passenger van and the total cost was just over $400, and came out to $55 per person. I think someone would be hard pressed to find a better deal than that for those 3 trips in a taxi/uber/other.

https://seattleexpress.com/   Seattle Express does not go to downtown hotels.   Only airport hotels.

We have booked with them for transport from pier to the airport after the cruise. 

It sounds like they have multiple vans at the pier (every 15 minutes or so) and you just show your confirmation, get in and then head out when the van is full.   Has anyone used them?   Do they go straight to the airport?  Or do they stop at some of the airport hotels for drop off on the way?   

• 10 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, itsanita said:

https://seattleexpress.com/   Seattle Express does not go to downtown hotels.   Only airport hotels.

We have booked with them for transport from pier to the airport after the cruise. 

It sounds like they have multiple vans at the pier (every 15 minutes or so) and you just show your confirmation, get in and then head out when the van is full.   Has anyone used them?   Do they go straight to the airport?  Or do they stop at some of the airport hotels for drop off on the way?   

did you end up using this? How did it go?

9 hours ago, ignites said:

did you end up using this? How did it go?

Yes, we did use them.  They had a large bus, when full we went straight to the airport, dropping folks off at their airlines arrival area.  

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

Does anyone has actual exprience of using the Seattle Yellow Cab (seems like they are using Prius) with a family of at least 3 adults and luggage?   I'm wondering is the Prius big enough.

Not that company, but other cabs in Seattle and 80%+ of Vancouver cabs are Prius models. Even the oldest ones have ample room for three large bums to sit (front passenger and two in the back if you're all as wide in the seat as I am!) and the trunks should handle 3 regular-big or at least 2 'pay extra to the airlines big' suitcases plus a 2 or 3 carryons.

Where there's an issue with Prius cabs is when you have 4 people on vacation rather than just pootling around town to a resto without luggage - there may be a seat and belt for 4 pax, but the trunks can rarely manage to hold 4 regular-big suitcases and any carryons at all, so folks end up with their small bags on laps... but even then, some of the later models with the near-vertical hatchback rear, rather than the 'fastback' gently sloping glass, have a much more practical boxy trunk - I've seen 4 people pop out of those with a big and small bag each like clowns going on a cruise 😉

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, martincath said:

Not that company, but other cabs in Seattle and 80%+ of Vancouver cabs are Prius models. Even the oldest ones have ample room for three large bums to sit (front passenger and two in the back if you're all as wide in the seat as I am!) and the trunks should handle 3 regular-big or at least 2 'pay extra to the airlines big' suitcases plus a 2 or 3 carryons.

Where there's an issue with Prius cabs is when you have 4 people on vacation rather than just pootling around town to a resto without luggage - there may be a seat and belt for 4 pax, but the trunks can rarely manage to hold 4 regular-big suitcases and any carryons at all, so folks end up with their small bags on laps... but even then, some of the later models with the near-vertical hatchback rear, rather than the 'fastback' gently sloping glass, have a much more practical boxy trunk - I've seen 4 people pop out of those with a big and small bag each like clowns going on a cruise 😉

Thank you very much for the detail information

5 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

Does anyone has actual exprience of using the Seattle Yellow Cab (seems like they are using Prius) with a family of at least 3 adults and luggage?   I'm wondering is the Prius big enough.

Two of us took Yellow Cab (Prius) to the airport from downtown Seattle last month. We had two large bags and 3 smaller bags. It was tight and I carried one bag on my lap to the airport. A third person would have made for an uncomfortable ride.

If you do decide to give it a go, they do have an app.  Similar to Uber/Lyft and it worked well.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

Two of us took Yellow Cab (Prius) to the airport from downtown Seattle last month. We had two large bags and 3 smaller bags. It was tight and I carried one bag on my lap to the airport. A third person would have made for an uncomfortable ride.

If you do decide to give it a go, they do have an app.  Similar to Uber/Lyft and it worked well.

Thank you,  I created an account using my PC/Windows at this web site and also booked in advanced:
https://seattleyellowcabs.ecabcall.com/LogIn.aspx
Now I installed the Seattle Yellow Cab app on my phone,  I tried to login it don't recognized my email or my password.  Do you know if the app and the web site are 2 different systems and independent from one another?  Wondering do I have to create another account on the app?   Thanks.

Edited by StrikeEagle

• 8 months later...
On 5/16/2022 at 7:05 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Hi @waykaylincruz, Fridays are the busiest days at Pier 91 with the Ovation and the Celebrity Solstice both in port.  I can't stress enough to you to arrive at Pier 91 prepared with everyone having easy access to their own travel documents, as well as the mandatory ArriveCan app completed and the QR code either on a phone, or printed out.  

Since your party is so large, I would suggest that if you need to travel separately, that you divide up by family units and/or by staterooms (especially since the youngest in your party is 20 yrs old - and I am guessing that that person is sharing a room with a family member over the age of 21).  Not sure if the 89 yr old will have his/her own wheelchair or walker, but be prepared that there may be a wait for a wheelchair (if needed) due to a lengthy check-in line.  Rather than keeping everyone together, the fastest and kindest thing to do is to let smaller family units go ahead into the embarkation process and meet up later on the ship, but remember that they all will need their individual paperwork for boarding.

Again, I can't stress the importance of double checking all travel documents (passports or gov't issued birth certificates w/photo ID) before leaving home.  Also, you can attach your cruise line luggage tags to the luggage while still at the hotel the morning of the cruise.   That way the porters can take it when you arrive at Pier 91.  Having vaccination cards and a copy of the negative covid test results with each individual person is important as well.  If one person in each family group has the ArriveCan QR code on their phone for other family members, then that group will need to enter the building together, as everyone needs to show that they are successfully. registered with ArriveCan.

It will be a process to get all 13 through the embarkation procedure.   If you find that it is easier (and faster to split up, you can either regroup in a waiting area past check-in on the 2nd floor of Pier 91, or regroup on the ship.

I hope you have an amazing family cruise!  Good luck.

I’m happy I ran across this post. I will be sailing from Seattle to Alaska later on in the year and it never occurred to me that I would need ArriveCAN for my cruise. At the very least, that would’ve been a major inconvenience.

6 hours ago, Kendall R said:

I’m happy I ran across this post. I will be sailing from Seattle to Alaska later on in the year and it never occurred to me that I would need ArriveCAN for my cruise. At the very least, that would’ve been a major inconvenience.

My friend, that post/information was from May 2022, nearly two years ago, and ArriuveCan is no longer needed or looked at beginning last year in 2023.

Just show up at Pier 91 with your travel ID (passport, or gov't birth certificate w/photo ID), along with your printed boarding pass if you are sailing Carnival.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

44 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

My friend, that post/information was from May 2022, nearly two years ago, and ArriuveCan is no longer needed or looked at beginning last year in 2023.

Just show up at Pier 91 with your travel ID (passport, or gov't birth certificate w/photo ID), along with your printed boarding pass if you are sailing Carnival.

Oh ok,  great. The last time I flew into Ontario I had to use it so I thought it was actually still a thing. I'm glad to hear it is no longer necessary. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Scrapbookhappy11 said:

I thought the rail would take me to downtown from the airport. Reading all the different comments made me confused.  

Seattle light rail does go between the airport and DT Seattle.  Where do you want to go downtown?

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

2 minutes ago, Scrapbookhappy11 said:

@Ferry_Watcher I have already made reservations with Mediterrenan Inn. I will figure it out when I get there.  Thanks for your help! Appreciate it. 

While I'm sure you'd have gotten a useful reply from F_W, we've literally done exactly what you want to - stayed at the Med while coming in from Seatac on the light rail!

There are transit options to get you closer, but we weighed the additional hassle of schlepping bags on buses or using the monorail and walking the ~half-mile across Seattle Center's greenspace, and in the end we decided to keep it simple, disembarked the train at Westlake then took a cab (~1.5 miles, ~$10 on the meter without traffic). A little under $20 for both of us, compared to over double that plus tip for the fixed rate cars from Seatac - though if we'd been traveling heavily laden with more than 1 modest suitcase case each we'd have taken a car all the way (and if there's 3 or 4 of you rather than a couple, I would just say take a car even if you are counting pennies carefully...)

• Like 2