Royal Princess May 2 Alaska Review

karatemom2

57 minutes ago, bubbaed said:

Neat fact: there is a video on Princess web site that explains Internet service speeds at various latitudes. See link and screenshot from the video below. Alaska and Northern Europe (where most Princess ships are currently) for example, are not in the "optimum" zone so lackluster speeds are to be expected when sailing in these areas - and CC threads reflect this. My *guess* is that a host of the Medallion features are also dependent on an Internet cloud connection, so system glitches are likely when bandwidth is limited in these areas. Knowing this in advance might be helpful to manage expectations and still enjoy the cruise.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/onboard-experience/how-medallionnet-works.html

image.thumb.png.5c6be3563cd6d57d5ba04a3b0cb2a404.png

We just sailed LA to Vancouver and the further north we got the worse the WiFi was including just dropping at times

On 5/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, startedwithamouse said:

We have close to 40 days since the return and ALWAYS creme brulee on the dessert menu in the MDR.  This is so sad if they took it off for the Alaskan season. 😞

On 5/16/2022 at 5:53 PM, karatemom2 said:

It was definitely not available on any menu we were provided during the entire cruise. 

We were on this cruise and one night a table mate snagged a "white coat" in the MDR and told him I was very disappointed in the lack of creme brulee. She told him that I always have it which is pretty much true. (I sometimes have something else but that is my main dessert.) At that point we were left waiting for someone to take our dessert orders. We waited for a while and then he returned with creme brulee for all 4 of us at the table. Score!!!

My wife was quite disappointed that the usual selection of excellent ice cream was absent from the dessert menu. I ordered the Princess Love Boat Dream as I haven't had it in a long time but it was completely different from what I have had before. I didn't care for it.

Overall though we had a pretty great cruise.

• Like 3