Wow sale and NRD

We have two 7 day cruises booked in balconies next spring. Looking at the Wow sale, it appears as though I may be able to get $100 OBC applied to both. When I price online, it shows exactly what we paid to the penny. If I call to ask about having that sale applied, I'm being told that prices have increased, which doesn't align with what I'm seeing on rccl.com. 

I understand that RCCL player reindeer games with pricing (raise priced 30% and then have a 25% off sale!) and that I need to take into account the total cost and then factor in OBC, but I'm not getting how agents are seeing different pricing than I'm seeing online. Has anyone ever run into a similar situation, and how did you resolve?

I've been through this, also.  The prices online are new bookings only, and if you have an existing booking, they price it without some of the promos.  When you call and enquire, ask for specifics of what you cannot get.

If it's more than $100 difference, I tell them I want to cancel and rebook.  

6 minutes ago, pcur said:

I've been through this, also.  The prices online are new bookings only, and if you have an existing booking, they price it without some of the promos.  When you call and enquire, ask for specifics of what you cannot get.

If it's more than $100 difference, I tell them I want to cancel and rebook.  

That's what's so strange, though, the promos today are the same as my original, resulting in exactly the same price as my original. We only booked like 2 weeks ago so literally the only difference from then and now is the OBC from the Wow sale. 

If the online price with today's promos was higher than what I booked at I'd get it, but it's the same. Somehow they're showing higher on their side, though, and telling me that my rate would go up, thus cancelling out the OBC. 

Edited by mspink98

28 minutes ago, mspink98 said:

That's what's so strange, though, the promos today are the same as my original, resulting in exactly the same price as my original. We only booked like 2 weeks ago so literally the only difference from then and now is the OBC from the Wow sale. 

If the online price with today's promos was higher than what I booked at I'd get it, but it's the same. Somehow they're showing higher on their side, though, and telling me that my rate would go up, thus cancelling out the OBC. 

Yes, that's the RCCL "price monte" game for sure.

Mystery solved. Finally found someone who could explain the difference. The BALC SUITE NRD discount is for new bookings only, so a reprice would have voided that out. That savings is more than the OBC would have been so we're holding steady with what we've already got. Hopefully this helps someone else who's equally confused. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Valmoisy said:

I've repriced my January, 23 cruise twice and received the Balc Suite NRD discount each time.

😒 I guess I'll try again. Gotta love the consistency!

For my booking, I can only apply the WOW sale OBC if I don’t apply the crown and anchor $100 balcony discount. When i remove my crown and anchor number, the price of the cabin goes up $86 but gives me the $100 OBC. I’ve now learned to play around with applying different promos (crown and anchor, military, resident) to see what the “best” overall price is!