Nieuw Amsterdam Laundry

Can anyone tell me about the laundry service on Niew Amsterdam please. Do you get charged per item or can you fill a bag. I did call HAL and I was given the impression it was per item but I have read on Facebook that some people are talking about as much laundry as you want for $49. Another post was a bag for $20. Could it be different for American/Canadian guests to European guests?

It is different depending on the location of the cruise.  Caribbean is $7 per day, so $49 for a 7 day cruise for Unlimited laundry. Europe is more expensive.  $20 for a bag sounds about right.  With careful packing, you can get a lot into the bag.

You can send laundry to be priced three different ways: Per item, per bag, unlimited. 

Per item is frightfully expensive; I have never heard of anyone asking for laundry to be priced that way. 
You can send a bag with as much or as little as you want in it. Price is $20 in North/South America, and $30 in Europe. 
Or you can purchase unlimited laundry, and send out as much or as little as you want, as often as you want, for $7/day in the Americas or $9/day Europe. 

Laundry on the Nieuw Amsterdam is top notch (five months ago at least) with often same day service when laundry is turned in before 9:00 AM.  Unlimited laundry means you can put a bag of laundry on your bed at both breakfast and dinner time every day (except last cruise day).  By the end of your first cruise day, all of your clothes wrinkled from packing will be refreshed.

A laundry list and bag will be hanging in your closet so you don't need to pre-order online.  I recommend asking your Room Steward for a few empty bags and lists to get a headstart on your bag stuffing.

I pack for only four days, mix & match clothing, and add a sport jacket w/tie for Gala Night.

You can stuff quite a bit in a bag so we always roll stuff...even though we're 5*, I still don't want to constantly send stuff out each day...about 2x week works for us. so 10-day cruise would be about $40 if you did it by a $20 bag. (Just off the NA and they did a great job.)

For 4 weeks I would do it by the bag.  They are cloth, and hold a lot.  Roll heavier items like jeans and then tops, and stuff smaller items around them. Whatever you decide, it's a great service.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Nieuw Amsterdam two weeks ago. Love the $49 laundry service. For 2 people for 7 days, it's quite reasonable. We had a 14 day vacation, and was able to pack for a 7 day vacation, which cut down on luggage, cut down on airline fees. The first couple of days we stuffed that bag! After that, the we filled the bag loosely. They were having some staffing shortages, so sometimes our clean laundry didn't arrive until late in the day, which wasn't a big deal for us, but it was for some (surely they should just focus on their wonderful cruise?!LOL).