Eurodam Seattle to Seattle July 9, 2022 to July 16, 2022

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

That's a lot of material. But tons of threads with all sorts of info all over this board. Everything you need is here.

Definitely more helpful if you could put the links with the info in your responses especially for those that are new Cruise Critic!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Looking-for-a-cruising said:

We booked this cruise and looking for info about this ship, since this our first time using this line.  Would anyone provide us info about their experiences, such as embarking,  shore excursions., covid requirements,  etc.?

We sailed on the Sister Ship, Nieuw Amsterdam, in Alaska last July.  We are boarding the Eurodam in a week but have sailed the Eurodam in the past.

She's a beautiful Ship and I recommend the Specialty Restaurants of Tamarind and Pinnacle.  

Pretty much everything is done now on Navigator App.  That will have the Boarding Pass and your Shore Excursion Tickets.  We found Embark very easy last Summer in Seattle and hope it will be the same next Week.  Important to have Verifly and ArriveCan completed as well as Health Assessment within the three days of Sailing.  On Navigator App you can pre-order the Dive-In burgers as well as NY Pizza.  We really enjoy that feature!  

Masks are Recommended but not required.  All Crew & Staff wear Mask.

You are probably doing the Glacier Bay Itinerary.  Last Year we did the Dog Sled Summer Camp in Juneau and really enjoyed it.  Whale Watching is also very good in Juneau.  In Sitka, I recommend the Sea Otters, Fortress of the Bear and the Raptor Center.  We did a Whale Watch in Icy Strait and very much enjoyed  it and saw lots of Whales.  The boat is right across from where our Ship docked, too which was convenient.  Glacier Bay is a day to enjoy the beautiful Scenery.   Ketchikan has many Tours that are worth doing and be sure to walk Creek Street, too.  

Enjoy your Cruise and especially enjoy beautiful Alaska!  Welcome to Holland America!  

• Like 1

I am in the process of doing daily blog posts from our April 30th cruise on the Eurodam that might cover some of your questions. I will note that for us this was a very laid back cruise just to test the waters after not cruising for 2 1/2 years so we didn't do much in the way of ship activities or shore excursions. 

Here is the link to my blog:  My Souvenir Memories Blog

On 5/21/2022 at 1:56 AM, Looking-for-a-cruising said:

We booked this cruise and looking for info about this ship, since this our first time using this line.  Would anyone provide us info about their experiences, such as embarking,  shore excursions., covid requirements,  etc.?

We were on the Eurodam May-14-21.  Did our rapid antigen test for free through our county health department 2 days in advance.  Had the results in 30 minutes.  Downloaded all the information to Verifly, which I HIGHLY recommend.  Went through security in less that 2 minutes while others using printed documents were waiting in long lines.  Used Seattle Express to pick us up before cruise at the Hilton Seattle Airport and then from the pier to SEATAC afterwards.  ($35pp + tax round trip, $74.20 for two).  Excellent service.  Suggest you use Port Valet if it works for you.  Can sign up before online or once you get on board.  Put our bag out Friday night and picked it up at our destination airport Saturday with no problem.  Dressy nights were night 2 (sea night) and night 6 (Ketchikan)  Rack of lamb, duck breast and tenderloin the first one; halibut and prime rib the second one.  All food in the MDR was delicious. Did no organized shore excursions, just walked around town.  Did enjoy the National Park Service Discovery Center in Ketchikan.  One block walk from berth 1.  Took our National Park Senior Pass and saved us each the $5 entrance fee.  I believe it can also be used at Mendenhall Glacier and the Sitka National Historic Park.  Did fill our ArriveCAN but never got off in Victoria nor had to show it to anyone.  Will try to think of more.