Carousel Shows

ScratchTheRat

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

Thanks!  That's great information.  I assumed it was only a bistro/restaurant.  Nice to know you can just stop in there for a drink.

Best drinks on the ship IMHO, they also make the cocktails on the Butcher's Cut menu there and they are different again (can you tell I drank way too many cocktails😀).

• 8 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 5:08 PM, ferretktf said:

You can Google them …plenty of YouTube videos.

we didn’t go for it (on virtuosa right now) largely because when you are on a drinks package the free drink is not a benefit and so the shows seemed costly.

I would say that the main theatre shows (free) are excellent

$12 for a Cirque type show is costly? You've got to be kidding me? That is dirt cheap, with the included drink or not.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:36 PM, cellfree said:

Ship? We were on both Meraviglia and Seashore recently and both had that “type” of show (Mera Carousel, forget what Seashore’s venue was called) but neither required payments or tickets.

That is not true. The shows in the main theater are free each night, but the two Cirque-type shows in the intimate 400-seat Carousel theater are $12 in advance or $18 if you book on the ship. The Cirque-type shows have never been free.

11 minutes ago, U4icmusic said:

That is not true. The shows in the main theater are free each night, but the two Cirque-type shows in the intimate 400-seat Carousel theater are $12 in advance or $18 if you book on the ship. The Cirque-type shows have never been free.

U4icmusic, I posted this May 2022 and it was true then, we were on both ships early in 2022 and we attended the “complimentary” rock show on the Mera in the Carousel Theatre every evening, it was excellent. But yes, the tickets for the Cirque-type shows which have now returned do involve a cost. 

On 5/22/2022 at 2:01 PM, ScratchTheRat said:

Hello all!

First time on MSC next week and I saw there are two shows that you need to pay for.

They say you get a signature drink but we're on the premium drinks package so do we still pay for the show?

Are there free shows as well? Only on for 3 nights and want to make the most of it.

We were on the Meraviglia pre Covid- the shows in the carousel where Cirque du Soliel - and very good, the drinks were mass made pick up as you go to your seat and not very good, but part of the "package" 

We found that the early show time was the best in regards to seating - we had second row for our Cirque show for a mere $18/pp, the later seating we had not great seats in the back where they did the dinner and show.

The shows were worth the extra cost and we decided if we ever get back to this ship or one with the carousel theater we plan to do again but get drinks to bring in rather than take the ones offered.