No Air Ticketed...43 days out from sail date

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm with other NCL cruisers this summer that you also have not received your air confirmation from NCL.

Called NCL today, cruise is on 7/5 so I anticipated receiving our flight itinerary 2 days ago at the latest. I asked what the hold up is, and they said "there is a backlog," and that they might not send it to us until 30 days pre-cruise.

Well, wonderful, because I need to know how many nights of hotel to book pre-cruise (deviated 2 nights, but flying from West Coast US to Rome so who knows what day NCL counts as a 2 day deviation, 7/3 or 7/2 departure). 

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Thanks.

Edited by arianna.capri

8 hours ago, arianna.capri said:

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm with other NCL cruisers this summer that you also have not received your air confirmation from NCL.

Called NCL today, cruise is on 7/5 so I anticipated receiving our flight itinerary 2 days ago at the latest. I asked what the hold up is, and they said "there is a backlog," and that they might not send it to us until 30 days pre-cruise.

Well, wonderful, because I need to know how many nights of hotel to book pre-cruise (deviated 2 nights, but flying from West Coast US to Rome so who knows what day NCL counts as a 2 day deviation, 7/3 or 7/2 departure). 

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Thanks.

Why do you not just book the max number of days as a "reservation" and then change it once you know your flight times?  A know they are kind of like dinosaurs, but in the past you could book a hotel room reservation.  You did not have to pay anything upfront.  It was like a restaurant reservation.  And usually you have between 24 to 48 hours before the reservation to change or cancel it.

The deviation date is the date you wish to ARRIVE into the port city. So if your cruise leaves on a Sunday and you do a 2 day deviation that means you will arrive Friday. Now just when on the requested arrival date you will get there  is anyones guess until flight schedules are given by NCL. It could be 1205am or 1155pm, or anywhere in between.

Most hotels in Europe will store bags until rooms ready (typically 3-5pm) should you have early morning arrival. If early check-in is a must, reserve an additional hotel night and contact directly them so they mark your record with your anticipated arrival time once you get your flight schedule. This will prevent cancellation as a “no-show”

It’s my understanding too the two day deviation is two nights at arrival city as well. I’m 43 days out (7/3) as well cruising on the Star from London. We booked my hotel based on the 2 nights (first night in hotel 7/1).