Pre boarding

crowpro

Rivera January 2023

I read that I must have proof of vaccination two weeks prior to boarding and a Covid test within 48 hours of boarding.  My question is if I fly into Miami the day before the cruise, where can I get a test and results in one day?

Thanks

1 hour ago, crowpro said:

Rivera January 2023

I read that I must have proof of vaccination two weeks prior to boarding and a Covid test within 48 hours of boarding.  My question is if I fly into Miami the day before the cruise, where can I get a test and results in one day?

Thanks

Read the test deadline info carefully. Different windows for different ports (embarkation and stops).

in any case, if it’s 48 hrs for you and you’re flying in one day early, get the test before you board the plane. Most major airports have rapid test labs at/near them. 
Tou could also check out telemed options like eMed. The newest of these options is OnPoint which lets you use your own unopened US gov’t issued test with good use by dates and QR code on the box. Online Proctoring is 24/7 though you need at an appt. Cost for proctoring your provided Antigen test is under $25pp! 

If you want to test in Miami and we’re smart enough to book at a close-to-Port hotel like the Intercontinental, there’s a City run rapid test center on the Grounds of the not-too-distant Salvation Army  property. Check with your hotel concierge about options.

BUT, if you really are in the 2 day window and you’re flying in the day before, why wouldn’t you test before the flight? Good forbid that you’d be positive but, if might save your airfare if you can do a res. change like the one offered on United.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Word to the wise regarding Onpoint - you must reserve a test time beforehand. I assumed it was 'on demand' like eMed. Not so much, but they did refund when our connection failed.

Onpoint has great customer support, and is definitely helpful- just pre-reserve your test slot! Also (unlike eMed) you [may] need a laptop or desktop. They say phones won't work. 

If you are using Onpoint do answer any calls from the Philippines - that is customer support and they really can help you! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, babysteps said:

Word to the wise regarding Onpoint - you must reserve a test time beforehand. I assumed it was 'on demand' like eMed. Not so much, but they did refund when our connection failed.

Onpoint has great customer support, and is definitely helpful- just pre-reserve your test slot! Also (unlike eMed) you [may] need a laptop or desktop. They say phones won't work. 

If you are using Onpoint do answer any calls from the Philippines - that is customer support and they really can help you! 

Did they explain why an iPhone wouldn’t work? There’s a zoom app. 
And the Philippines? When I’ve called, I’ve gotten US based support.

BTW, the telemedicine has recently expanded to 24/7 though appointment is still needed.

When we last flew into Miami for a cruise and needed a test we got it at the airport at the Nomi Health test center in South terminal near departure door 20. It was reasonably priced and was so fast that we were finished before our luggage showed up.

there is also a testing center in Central terminal at near door 11. 

No reservations needed for either site.

just Google Miami Airport Covid testing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Did they explain why an iPhone wouldn’t work? There’s a zoom app. 
And the Philippines? When I’ve called, I’ve gotten US based support.

BTW, the telemedicine has recently expanded to 24/7 though appointment is still needed.

No explanation, it was boilerplate text in the email and this was probably toward the beginning of April.  Hopefully that's been updated, I'm sure someone on Cruise Critic or the Tubes that You or Flyer Talk has specific info.

OnPoint called me to tell me to 'refresh' my browser because we were showing an unending 'waiting' on our end - but by the time they called we'd already headed out for the pharmacy 🙂