Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo / Back to Back!

sid_9169

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

PXL_20220602_150404095.jpg

PXL_20220602_150436939.jpg

PXL_20220602_150630905.jpg

The guy on the sign is Tony Tarracino (Google him, quite the character); was Key West Mayor for two years, passed away in 2008.  I am a few years older than you Sid (still in 50's) but had a beer with him and his wife (way younger than him and his young son was there also) in that bar one weekday late morning in 1990 (yes 1990). Tony still owned the bar back then.  Jimmy Buffet played there in the 70's; also he wrote a song about the place.   

• Like 8

9 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I finally left, defeated, knowing that I could never afford any of this stuff... I walked on...

Sid - don’t be defeated...

If your like us - you collect experiences & memories vs “Stuff”. 

Especially via travel, food & beverage!!

You got to experience all these fabulous pieces of art & they will stay w/ you.   

Thanks for sharing your great day in Key West.  

Amazing how she keeps joining you on this trip - She’s sending you Joy & wants You to be Happy.   

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 12

Thanks for revitalizing my Key West Memories!!!

We haven’t been there since before covid.   

Love to spend time via land vacation or cruise.   

No pic’s of Hemingway’s cats?

Sorry to hear you will miss Bimini & the ability to re-enjoy the Conch Salad.   

Cheers to enjoying your “extra sea day”. 

• Like 2

Hopefully ten hours of sleep is enough to reinvigorate me for this rainy next to last day of the cruise... I'm still trying to figure out how going to Nassau is somehow better than Bimini weatherwise. Bimini is actually much closer to Miami, and would allow us to get back even more quickly if need be. Anyhoo, not my decision, and I guess that it's nothing but sea days from here on out. No more swimming in the beautiful blue ocean, or great conch salad. Either way, I'm going to try and make the best out of this rainy day here in board...

• Like 12

Your pics and narrative of Key West were wonderful....loved all the pictures....thanks so much for this review....hope I get to go back there someday!   Enjoy the rest of the cruise Sid!!!!

• Like 7

Still heading East, and maybe we'll find some sunny weather out there somewhere... I guess that the Captain wanted to try and get us further from the storm, and hopefully it'll pass before we return to Miami Sunday morning.

PXL_20220603_125242876.jpg

• Like 12

Also, I guess that it might have been a good thing that I wasn't able to buy the Bar Tab for this cruise... I ended up with $100 in Sailor Loot that I didn't know about, and we got a $16 refund, I assume for port fees missing Bimini... I likely won't be hitting the drinks as hard on this second leg as the first, and if I had the Bar Tab, then I would have to use it or lose it...

• Like 14

The weather is actually looking a little better up ahead. I'm still not getting off the ship in Nassau either way. Still, it would be nice to catch a little more sun while I'm here. Something tells me that tomorrow might be a washout.

PXL_20220603_144103704.jpg

• Like 9

The Pizza Place is the only place I've found on the ship with one of these nifty hand washing machines. Stick your hands under it, and first it spits out some soap... Next comes the water, and then it spits out a paper towel at the end... The PERFECT invention?

PXL_20220603_160608425.thumb.jpg.d28d07ae0f6df8f085fe384511745322.jpg

PXL_20220603_160613165.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 2