Boo to new photo packages

Likes2cruise

Thanks for getting back with me on my question. That does sound pretty good in just getting one of the smaller photo packages, and this way I could make sure I had the MAIN pictures I wanted. Yes I agree, I have a feeling the cell phones have stopped a lot of picture ordering too.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:42 PM, Murray's Pop said:

So does this mean you will only get the digital files for either 5 or 10 pictures along with the printed pics?  Does anyone have actual 1st hand knowledge of what you do and don't get?

"The photo package includes digital downloads of all images taken by onboard Princess photographers and three prints, up to 8×10, of any photo. The photo package does not apply to Platinum Studio, weddings, portraits, or group special events." 

That description is for the Photo Pkg within the Premier Pkg. Can someone clarify "portraits?" Do they consider the photographs taken on formal night, for example, a "portrait" photo?

And does the above wording mean you receive up to three, 8x10's of any single photo? Or does it apply to 3 different ones?

Hopefully, someone who has experienced this new package will be able to answer for us. 

2 hours ago, Worldtraveler 4727 said:

"The photo package includes digital downloads of all images taken by onboard Princess photographers and three prints, up to 8×10, of any photo. The photo package does not apply to Platinum Studio, weddings, portraits, or group special events." 

That description is for the Photo Pkg within the Premier Pkg. Can someone clarify "portraits?" Do they consider the photographs taken on formal night, for example, a "portrait" photo?

And does the above wording mean you receive up to three, 8x10's of any single photo? Or does it apply to 3 different ones?

Hopefully, someone who has experienced this new package will be able to answer for us. 

Hi just of the Emerald 7 day CA coastal, I had the premier pkg so I had the photo package. Also had it a month ago on same ship and will identify a change.

Photos taken at the backdrops on ‘formal’ night are NOT considered ‘portrait’ and are available to pick just like any other photo taken on non formal nights or at the ports.

You can select ‘any’ 3 pictures up to size 8x10, as the embarkation and dining room pictures are typically smaller. So if want different pictures or the same it is your choice. 

The photo department does NOT print every picture taken to display on the racks. But you can view all of your photos at the photo gallery on their screens or your own device and if a printed copy has not be made, you can request it as one of your included ‘free’ of 3.

A month ago when I had the photo package, I asked does the photo department supply a complimentary USB drive to download all the digital photos and was told, yes. At the end of the cruise, I selected my 3 prints and they downloaded all of the digital photos to a ‘ship shaped’ thumb drive.

Last Friday, the last night of my cruise, again I went to the photo gallery to select the 3 prints I wanted. I noticed many of the pictures I had taken were not there. Then I remembered hearing the photographer telling a passenger a few days ago that not all photos are printed.

I had enough photos to choose 3 I might like, but if I had planned better, I would have reviewed ALL of my photos first on my tablet,  and if I saw one I liked that was not already printed, I could have requested it to be printed. Suggest you do this the afternoon on last day.

If it is a port day and they take port arrival pictures, wait till the mid afternoon when those morning pictures should have been uploaded into the system. The photo department probably will not print any of those taken that morning.

When I requested the thumb drive, I was told ‘sorry’ we are out of the complimentary thumb drives but they had others I could ‘buy’ for I think $7? Was told if I did not want to purchase a thumb drive, I needed to download the digital pictures to my own device before disembarkation, else they would no longer be available. Fortunately, I still had enough ‘space’ on my IPad and was able to download them to my device. You do this via the Medallion APP. One link is View my photos, another has Download my photos and gives the option of ALL or you can ‘select’ individual photos.

I think Princess should have still provided a complimentary thumb drive, as they know exactly how many passengers have the premier package and should have supply for that number as a minimum in addition to others without a package who might want a separate thumb drive instead of having the pictures on their phone or tablet.

1 hour ago, beshears said:

Thank you for your enlightening information. How much was this package that you are talking about with the 3 Free pictures, etc.

The photo package with 3 prints and the digital download of ALL of your photos taken is part of the ‘perks’ if you have purchased the Premier fare when booking your cruise or you upgraded to the premier package @$80/day if you initially booked standard fare.

Also, some of the newer ships have gone all digital meaning they do not physically print any photos. You view on a monitor and request if you want any actually printed.

See the Princess website for what ‘perks’  are included in the Premier package.

Edited by wallyj

12 hours ago, wallyj said:

Hi just of the Emerald 7 day CA coastal, I had the premier pkg so I had the photo package. Also had it a month ago on same ship and will identify a change.

Photos taken at the backdrops on ‘formal’ night are NOT considered ‘portrait’ and are available to pick just like any other photo taken on non formal nights or at the ports.

You can select ‘any’ 3 pictures up to size 8x10, as the embarkation and dining room pictures are typically smaller. So if want different pictures or the same it is your choice. 

The photo department does NOT print every picture taken to display on the racks. But you can view all of your photos at the photo gallery on their screens or your own device and if a printed copy has not be made, you can request it as one of your included ‘free’ of 3.

A month ago when I had the photo package, I asked does the photo department supply a complimentary USB drive to download all the digital photos and was told, yes. At the end of the cruise, I selected my 3 prints and they downloaded all of the digital photos to a ‘ship shaped’ thumb drive.

Last Friday, the last night of my cruise, again I went to the photo gallery to select the 3 prints I wanted. I noticed many of the pictures I had taken were not there. Then I remembered hearing the photographer telling a passenger a few days ago that not all photos are printed.

I had enough photos to choose 3 I might like, but if I had planned better, I would have reviewed ALL of my photos first on my tablet,  and if I saw one I liked that was not already printed, I could have requested it to be printed. Suggest you do this the afternoon on last day.

If it is a port day and they take port arrival pictures, wait till the mid afternoon when those morning pictures should have been uploaded into the system. The photo department probably will not print any of those taken that morning.

When I requested the thumb drive, I was told ‘sorry’ we are out of the complimentary thumb drives but they had others I could ‘buy’ for I think $7? Was told if I did not want to purchase a thumb drive, I needed to download the digital pictures to my own device before disembarkation, else they would no longer be available. Fortunately, I still had enough ‘space’ on my IPad and was able to download them to my device. You do this via the Medallion APP. One link is View my photos, another has Download my photos and gives the option of ALL or you can ‘select’ individual photos.

I think Princess should have still provided a complimentary thumb drive, as they know exactly how many passengers have the premier package and should have supply for that number as a minimum in addition to others without a package who might want a separate thumb drive instead of having the pictures on their phone or tablet.

Thank you! Perfectly explained. Much obliged.