Alaskan cruising - outdoor dining

FM

2 minutes ago, FM said:

Aboard the Bliss (or the Encore), it is usually too cold for outdoor dining for dinner when cruising in Alaska? Looking at late Sept, early Oct. 

Yes it is.
Unless speciality restaurant like La Cocina turns on heaters in the outdoor space. We just did May Alaska sailing and all outdoor restaurant  spaces closed.   We have always sailed in late September.  Then, it is also cold and outdoor would not work unless heaters are employed.

• Like 1

I know it's not the Bliss or Encore but when we did the Jewel in May of 17 we ate our buffet dinners outside some but they said the weather was very unusually warm that week.  So I'd say it all just depends on when you're going to be there and what the weather decides to do.  We go in 3 1/2 weeks and I'm hoping to have at least one warm evening to eat outside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FM said:

Aboard the Bliss (or the Encore), it is usually too cold for outdoor dining for dinner when cruising in Alaska? Looking at late Sept, early Oct. 

Depends on the weather. That is getting later in the season. We did al fresco dining on our August cruise. 

Both the Bliss and Encore are purpose built for Alaska and have heaters in the ceilings of all outdoor dining areas. And we find the cool evening air refreshing. 

• Like 1