Pick-up location for Viking Homelands: LHR to Greenwich

janetcbl

We are booked for the transfer from LHR to Viking Mars in Greenwich on June 23rd. We will be arriving the day before and wonder from which Heathrow terminal the transfer leaves. For some reason I think it is Terminal 2, but can find no confirmation. Anyone know? Thanks!

Normally we don't get Viking transfers from the airport to the ship unless we are on a Viking extension and then it is from the hotel which Viking books for you.  Even if you used Viking Air and arrive the day before your cruise begins that is considered a deviation and transfer is not included.

Edited by TayanaLorna
Added

26 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Normally we don't get Viking transfers from the airport to the ship unless we are on a Viking extension and then it is from the hotel which Viking books for you.  Even if you used Viking Air and arrive the day before your cruise begins that is considered a deviation and transfer is not included.

We paid extra for the transfer. We have done this at least three trips before; it is a normal procedure, at extra cost($49).

• Like 1

I would be asking Viking to provide the pick-up details, or if you use a TA, have them find out.

It could vary based on which terminal the majority of pax arrive at, so previous experience may not be relevant.

39 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

We paid extra for the transfer. We have done this at least three trips before; it is a normal procedure, at extra cost($49).

That is interesting.  We have done our own air arriving on embarkation day and paid the $49 transfer fee.  However we were told if we arrive a day early we cannot buy the transfer even if we make our way back to the airport.  Learn something new.

1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

I would be asking Viking to provide the pick-up details, or if you use a TA, have them find out.

It could vary based on which terminal the majority of pax arrive at, so previous experience may not be relevant.

Thanks! That is exactly what I have done. We will be arriving at Terminal 3 the day before, so I thought best to check. As you probably know, T2 is a long way from T3!

1 hour ago, janetcbl said:

Thanks! That is exactly what I have done. We will be arriving at Terminal 3 the day before, so I thought best to check. As you probably know, T2 is a long way from T3!

LHR T2 & T3 are actually fairly close and are both accessed through the tunnel under the main runway from Bath Road. They have an underground walkway that is well sign-posted and if memory serves me right, has a number of moving walkways.

It is T5 (West end) and T4 (South end) that are a considerable distance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

LHR T2 & T3 are actually fairly close and are both accessed through the tunnel under the main runway from Bath Road. They have an underground walkway that is well sign-posted and if memory serves me right, has a number of moving walkways.

It is T5 (West end) and T4 (South end) that are a considerable distance.

Trust me, when you have a couple suitcases,  a carry on, etc., it is a long walk! 😁 Unlike simply going through the T2 parking area to the hotel.

We also are on this cruise on the Mars. The cruise actually starts on Saturday the 25th. We booked the pre-cruise extension and will be arriving on the 23rd for a 2 night stay prior to boarding.

8 hours ago, janetcbl said:

We are booked for the transfer from LHR to Viking Mars in Greenwich on June 23rd. We will be arriving the day before and wonder from which Heathrow terminal the transfer leaves. For some reason I think it is Terminal 2, but can find no confirmation. Anyone know? Thanks!

25th, sorry!