Crown Princess Alaska past, present and future sailings

JeffT237

On 6/5/2022 at 7:16 AM, jk04 said:

Just looked at out Cruise Personalizer, trying to prepare for our cruise on the 11th.  It seems we got an additional $100 pp Goodwill OBC.  I guess for the reduced time in Juneau and the now missed port.  :classic_rolleyes:

I've been on chat with Princess all morning about this-- for some reason half of the cabins in my party show $200 per person now and the other half show $0.  Sigh.  No fix yet.  Would be nice to have some spending money since we are stuck on the ship so much now.

41 minutes ago, rrusso81 said:

I've been on chat with Princess all morning about this-- for some reason half of the cabins in my party show $200 per person now and the other half show $0.  Sigh.  No fix yet.  Would be nice to have some spending money since we are stuck on the ship so much now.

:classic_blink:

On 6/5/2022 at 12:12 PM, GloriaF said:

Glad you are now on your way!  We are using them for our transfer next week.  How did you handle getting in touch with Seattle Express?  Is there a telephone #, since we booked online I never noticed phone contact.  Guess I need to look at our receipt.

I called the number on the e-mail

Finally got an email at 2330 last night from Princess about the additional OBC.  I'm just going to post the Important Notices section, which was the point of the email.  NOTE, the time into Juneau did not change again, this is for the adjustment to 1730 that was done a couple of weeks back.

CROWN PRINCESS UPDATE
We are reaching out regarding recently communicated itinerary changes on your voyage. We regret that it is necessary to shorten your time in Juneau, Alaska, which has affected many scheduled shore excursions.

As a gesture of concern for your experience and gratitude for your understanding, each guest will receive $100 USD as a non-refundable onboard credit applied to your shipboard account. The onboard credit may be used toward all purchases in the bars, boutiques and photo gallery, as well as specialty dining, spa treatments and shore excursions. This OBC will be in addition to any previously provided credits, promotions, or amenities on your booking.

got the letter last night too. $100, probably $50 of which is returned port fees for Ketchican that we already paid.

still irritated with the updated excursions for Juneau. 11 excursions listed, anything with limited numbers was posted already booked full. No notice of removed excursions being updated or cancelled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jk04 said:

Finally got an email at 2330 last night from Princess about the additional OBC.  I'm just going to post the Important Notices section, which was the point of the email.  NOTE, the time into Juneau did not change again, this is for the adjustment to 1730 that was done a couple of weeks back.

CROWN PRINCESS UPDATE
We are reaching out regarding recently communicated itinerary changes on your voyage. We regret that it is necessary to shorten your time in Juneau, Alaska, which has affected many scheduled shore excursions.

As a gesture of concern for your experience and gratitude for your understanding, each guest will receive $100 USD as a non-refundable onboard credit applied to your shipboard account. The onboard credit may be used toward all purchases in the bars, boutiques and photo gallery, as well as specialty dining, spa treatments and shore excursions. This OBC will be in addition to any previously provided credits, promotions, or amenities on your booking.

just keep rubbing it in please :).  "As a gesture of concern"?  what about the 28th sailing?  we got nothing except for "oh well" excuse.  I just got an email from a Princess sales rep with a great offer for summer sailing.  The audacity!  well, he got an earful with my reply to that email.

I have a coworker who is on the 11th sailing and i warned him to change his excursion to the whale watching because everything will be canceled last min.  maybe if he has the extra OBC, he can use it for the pricier excursion.  he said he has an excursion at 530 and it still showed as active.  i told him to think about it.  if you're docking at 530, how on earth can you make anything schedule for the same time?

Again, Princess continues to drag people along and not giving them a chance to change their excursion or get a refund.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Riley_Mon said:

got the letter last night too. $100, probably $50 of which is returned port fees for Ketchican that we already paid.

still irritated with the updated excursions for Juneau. 11 excursions listed, anything with limited numbers was posted already booked full. No notice of removed excursions being updated or cancelled.

is the whale watching still available?

15 minutes ago, wolvey said:

is the whale watching still available?

one is, but it was posted already booked full with a new time of 6:30-10:30

mine was scheduled to begin at 5:15 which was the "evening whale watching". The link for it no longer exists, so at the moment I am assuming it is canceled and no one has told me.  When the cruise was still beyond the 30 day window, I didn't cancel because we didn't have anything scheduled for Ketchikan and I had the evening whale watching, so we figured ok, at the moment this cruise hasn't dramatically changed for us.

Then the notice for dropping Icy Point and late times for Juneau came out after the 30 day window had passed for us

Its sad that I've waited 3 years for this cruise, had it canceled twice due to Covid and when it finally arrives, I don't even want to go on it - its not anything close to what I signed up for.

Each day I get a little bit more motivated to go on a PR nightmare tour for Princess over this.

Edited by Riley_Mon
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Riley_Mon said:

one is, but it was posted already booked full with a new time of 6:30-10:30

mine was scheduled to begin at 5:15 which was the "evening whale watching". The link for it no longer exists, so at the moment I am assuming it is canceled and no one has told me.  When the cruise was still beyond the 30 day window, I didn't cancel because we didn't have anything scheduled for Ketchikan and I had the evening whale watching, so we figured ok, at the moment this cruise hasn't dramatically changed for us.

Then the notice for dropping Icy Point and late times for Juneau came out after the 30 day window had passed for us

Its sad that I've waited 3 years for this cruise, had it canceled twice due to Covid and when it finally arrives, I don't even want to go on it - its not anything close to what I signed up for.

Each day I get a little bit more motivated to go on a PR nightmare tour for Princess over this.

if the 630 whale watching is full,  based on what was available on the app on the embarkment day, you don't have alot of choices:

salmon bake at 630 or the glacier view or tram view (closes at 8pm).  there is also the underground mining and gold panning, bike and brew glacier view or the taste of juneau walking tour.

or do what most people end up doing....just walk around town or stay on the boat.  princess is dismay in making up for the mess they made.  canceling most excursions but do not give people any altermatives.

btw, salmon bake was ok...it's not intimate setting at all.  you're bussed to a campground where you eat the food, buffet style. the location is nice, you can walk a short way to a small waterfall.

24 minutes ago, wolvey said:

if the 630 whale watching is full,  based on what was available on the app on the embarkment day, you don't have alot of choices:

salmon bake at 630 or the glacier view or tram view (closes at 8pm).  there is also the underground mining and gold panning, bike and brew glacier view or the taste of juneau walking tour.

or do what most people end up doing....just walk around town or stay on the boat.  princess is dismay in making up for the mess they made.  canceling most excursions but do not give people any altermatives.

btw, salmon bake was ok...it's not intimate setting at all.  you're bussed to a campground where you eat the food, buffet style. the location is nice, you can walk a short way to a small waterfall.

I'm really glad at this point I didn't pay for any official Princess excursions.  My party of 8 is doing a private whale watching tour in Juneau which was more $ per person than the Princess one but they are going to wait for us so the itinerary change didn't matter (although we are losing out on 1 hour of the trip).  

I'm still waiting for the $200 OBC to show up for one of my cabins- the chat has been no help, they just say 'wait till you are on board and it will show up then'.....

1 hour ago, wolvey said:

just keep rubbing it in please :).  "As a gesture of concern"?  what about the 28th sailing?  we got nothing except for "oh well" excuse.

I'm not trying to rub it in, honestly.  I think what has happened to the last two sailings is grossly unfair.  Like you, we are also not getting any FCC as did the earlier sailings.  The entire handling of this issue has been inconsistent and sporadic.

1 minute ago, jk04 said:

I'm not trying to rub it in, honestly.  I think what has happened to the last two sailings is grossly unfair.  Like you, we are also not getting any FCC as did the earlier sailings.  The entire handling of this issue has been inconsistent and sporadic.

I was joking about the rubbing it in.

as for the excursions being closed, chatting or calling the rep won't help.  For my glacier/bake/gardens one, they kept saying it's active up to when i boarded.  and that excursion started before the docking time.  The company continued to string everyone along.  You can try to change the excursion over the phone.  otherwise i would suggest getting on the earliest boarding group (11am-1130am), go directly to the excursion desk on the deck 6 and get what you can at that time, which isn't much.  i was on the first group and got to the desk around 1230pm.  they only had the salmon bake available, underground mining/gold panning and 3 for the glacier and tram.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolvey said:

just keep rubbing it in please :).  "As a gesture of concern"?  what about the 28th sailing?  we got nothing except for "oh well" excuse.  I just got an email from a Princess sales rep with a great offer for summer sailing.  The audacity!  well, he got an earful with my reply to that email.

I have a coworker who is on the 11th sailing and i warned him to change his excursion to the whale watching because everything will be canceled last min.  maybe if he has the extra OBC, he can use it for the pricier excursion.  he said he has an excursion at 530 and it still showed as active.  i told him to think about it.  if you're docking at 530, how on earth can you make anything schedule for the same time?

Again, Princess continues to drag people along and not giving them a chance to change their excursion or get a refund.

I’ll agree that Princess really ought to do something (FCC?) for those on the sailing of the 28th…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolvey said:

I was joking about the rubbing it in.

as for the excursions being closed, chatting or calling the rep won't help.  For my glacier/bake/gardens one, they kept saying it's active up to when i boarded.  and that excursion started before the docking time.  The company continued to string everyone along.  You can try to change the excursion over the phone.  otherwise i would suggest getting on the earliest boarding group (11am-1130am), go directly to the excursion desk on the deck 6 and get what you can at that time, which isn't much.  i was on the first group and got to the desk around 1230pm.  they only had the salmon bake available, underground mining/gold panning and 3 for the glacier and tram.

that is straight up unacceptable

so since my last posting they have moved me into another whale watching excursion, the 6:30 one I mentioned earlier. It is $60 cheaper per person than my original one I assume because it does not include a meal.

At this point I guess I'm just happy for the opportunity to have an excursion.

7 minutes ago, Riley_Mon said:

so since my last posting they have moved me into another whale watching excursion, the 6:30 one I mentioned earlier. It is $60 cheaper per person than my original one I assume because it does not include a meal.

At this point I guess I'm just happy for the opportunity to have an excursion.

damn you're lucky, i'm happy for you!  I wish my sailing had advanced notice and OBC...actually, i wish all previous sailings had more notice.  yes, be happy you get to go on one of the few excursions available.  there are many other people who will be pissed off because they do not have any options left available that's worth anything.

i wish i had the option to do the whale watching as all i saw were otters and eagles. 😞

Ummm... sort of a quick/panic question:

I was browsing the app last night (we sail on the 18th on the Crown) and it currently only shows Skagway and Glacier Park as the ports, and I know the bay is cruising only. Where is Juneau? Where is Victoria?! We've gotten no emails, so I'm hoping this is just an app glitch.

Anyone else seeing this? 

1 minute ago, Olyrachel said:

Ummm... sort of a quick/panic question:

I was browsing the app last night (we sail on the 18th on the Crown) and it currently only shows Skagway and Glacier Park as the ports, and I know the bay is cruising only. Where is Juneau? Where is Victoria?! We've gotten no emails, so I'm hoping this is just an app glitch.

Anyone else seeing this? 

Were you using the 'Journey View'? For that in order to see Juneau you have to scroll across to 5:30pm then you should see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rrusso81 said:

Were you using the 'Journey View'? For that in order to see Juneau you have to scroll across to 5:30pm then you should see it.

I did try that, and the heading at the top never changed and I don't see a 5:30 event other than the ongoing music/onboard entertainment. Maybe it's a glitch with my phone. 

Just now, Olyrachel said:

I did try that, and the heading at the top never changed and I don't see a 5:30 event other than the ongoing music/onboard entertainment. Maybe it's a glitch with my phone. 

That's odd.....you sure you are looking at the right date? Should be the 20th.

• Like 1