Oceania Specialty Dining Policy Change?

tjm0701

On 6/25/2022 at 12:00 PM, LHT28 said:

No everyone gets a certain  number of pre booked reservation allotment  it depends on the length of the cruise & cabin cat

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

We usually book  A, B or C  cabin & rarely have been "out of luck" getting a 2 top

They hold back so many tables  for each booking time frame

so not all slots are booked up by PH + cabins  they still keep slots open for those  in the lower cat 

You can ask daily if there are any slots open  for extra  reservations & go on the wait list incase someone cancels

Other than the Owners Suite, which I believe can book the specialty restaurants when the booking is fully paid, the main difference between the cabin categories is when you can book. Penthouses can book 75 days early. Concierge 60 days. Others at 45. 
the restaurants stagger the bookings at 6:30, 7:00, 7:30 etc. This usually prevents a huge wait for your courses. 
There is a desk on deck 4 or 5 staffed by person who can help with bookings. You can always ask. If you’re flexible there will be available slots for you. 
hope this helps. 

On 6/25/2022 at 3:03 PM, indigosails said:

Hi. The higher class cabins get to make reservations earlier (i.e. first). While it’s possible there will be nothing left by the time you log on, I have never had this happen. There are also waitlist opportunities. We have had success booking same-day with the maitre d of any of the other dining venues as they all use the same booking system. 

All restaurants are never filled on the same night. Add the number of dining seats in the specialty restaurants to those in the GDR and Terrace Cafe you will easily considerably exceed the number of passengers. Moreover a number are dining in their cabin, or who did the High Tea and completed their evening food. 
there is lots of excess capacity. What limits the use of say, Red Ginger, is that they only take in a portion of their evenings patron at each half hour - 6:40–7:00–7:30 etc. This assures the quality of service and food is maintained.

As an  aside, Vista will have more places for lunch. Near Waves Grill will be the Aquamar Spa Grill. Embers will do lunch and Red  Ginger too! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zoncom said:

32 days NON OLife on Sierna? How many speciality reservations Please? How far in advance do the reservations open?

Below are the links that answer your second two questions.  Note that it has nothing to do with if you purchase OLife or not.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477713-When-can-I-make-reservations-in-the-specialty-restaurant-

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005477653-How-many-dining-reservations-am-I-allowed-in-each-specialty-restaurant-

4 minutes ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

No matter which deck you are on you are entitled to a certain number of reservations depending on length of cruise and number of restaurants. WHAT THE BIGGEST difficulty is that the earlier dining times go first leaving the late ones open.

Pre Covid  we have always been able to get 6:30 pm or 7 pm seatings

We are usually in the 45 day window for booking reservations

They key is sometimes you have to be flexible  on the date