Singles/Solos Meet and Greets

1 hour ago, erinmarie424 said:

Is Carnival currently scheduling meet and greets for solo and single passengers? Asking for some folks going on the Pride next week. Thanks in advance!

Yes.  On the Mardi Gras, it listed the "solo" meet as "Independent Travelers" meet

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I will be traveling with my two 20 year old granddaughters.  Woukd this be for them?  There seems to be nothing for their age.

No, it would not be.  It is always at a bar and attendees are average age 60 ish

Sometimes a distinction is made between "solo" cruisers and "single" cruises.  Solo generally are comfortable sailing alone, not looking for "dates", while singles may be open to interpersonal developments.

A solo may enjoy dining, theater, excursions, etc.  with or without companions.  A single may enjoy a fuller dynamic that lends itself to other levels of involvement.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NYJean said:

I'm going to be going on the paradise in July as a single for the first time ever. I'm a bit worried that I will be all alone at dinner and activities 😏

Have no fear, you can always talk to those around you. Personally I really (like really really) enjoy not having to time my showers, etc…  

I avoid those gatherings, but they seated a single woman next to me at the Seaday brunch at a big table and we had a nice conversation and discovered we were both cheapskates eager to view Alaskan wildlife, so we had things to talk about when we saw each other around the ship. I've been mostly cruising Princess, and their ship horn plays the Love Boat theme, which always gives me hope that I'll meet some younger equivalent of Charo.