Heading back to cruising...after stupid COVID

1 hour ago, Ukigirl said:

Sailed on Allure in May, most people didn’t wear masks. I only did at terminal upon embarkation and if I absolutely had to use elevator, washed my hands frequently, avoided Windjammer and MDR. Came down with symptoms 6 days after coming home, tested negative twice until fifth day of onset of symptoms and only decided to test again because I lost my sense of taste. Luckily my symptoms were mostly sore throat and head/chest congestion. Did I get it from cruise? Who knows? Could have been on flight home even though I masked up. Will I cruise again? Heck yeah, first Celebrity cruise in November!

We’re not letting Covid from our recent cruise fully stop us from cruising either 

What we are doing is cutting out a few variables….Had a cruise booked in September out of NY but canceled it and switched it to the end of next year……Cutting out all flying and hotels for now 

But we are going on the Bliss in November where we don’t have to fly or get a hotel…..Also not going to the buffet at all…..the coughers and hackers I saw in there was gross and huge Covid spreading point IMO 

Taking stairs instead of the packed elevators where no one wears a mask……going to be Wearing our masks again everywhere except eating or drinking and washing our hands A LOT and using hand sanitizer 

Can we still get Covid?   Yep but I’ll sure be trying my best again not to get it 😷😷

• Thanks 1

We're on AOS July. Had thought of the same thing, concerns about post-COVID era, etc. We're not wearing masks onboard, but will bring some anyway just in case it becomes mandated (I'll be upset if so). I've heard of some paranoic mask-wearers that will tell those not masked, to "please mask up, near me" or,  "you're standing too close to me," to each his own, we'll ignore that lot.

For us, no elevators, taking the stairs. No handrail touching. That has always been the norm for us anyway.

We're cruising because finally, things have gotten easier, and we hate masks. I'm technically exempt due to breathing issues anyway. Just have fun and remember, you paid for a cruise, live your life and ENJOY.

Edited by johnjen