What is procedure to apply for lodging and meals reimbursement for isolation after being put off because of positive test?

12cruise2

We were put off the ship last Saturday because DH tested positive; isolating in a hotel; we were told what Celebrity would offer reimbursement up to $250 for lodging and $100 per day per person for meals, and after three requests to the Covid Director on board, he provided no info (including one that said--didn't you get the info?  I'll prepare the info right now and send it now.  Nothing ever received).

Has anyone applied for this reimbursement--what is the procedure?

Thank you.

Sorry to hear you also tested positive.  There are a couple different protocols depending on when your ship departed and whether it was a European and Southampton Sailing or the U.S.   Most of the reimbursement in europe ended between May 1 and May 15.     I tested positive in Southampton on April 29 and am currently working my claim.    In my case they covered 5 days hotel even though we tested positive for 11 days.    Actual receipts required for food reimbursements.

Policy is found here:   https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

My understanding was the reimbursement of $250/day for land based quarantine and the $100 pp per day ended in Europe  for sailings about the middle of May.    Instead guest could stay aboard at celebrity's expense until quarantine ends. 

Claims are filed via Engagement Center -

image.png.d3a4e963d549b99d3e3c3f558d030b7b.png

• Like 1

On April 30 my husband tested positive on the first leg of a B2B.  While we were told we could remain on the ship for the second leg (he would have continued in isolation for the first few days of the second leg) we opted to leave the ship on turnaround day and finish his isolation in a hotel.  

We left the ship with sets of FCCs.  One set as compensation for the days he spent in isolation and the second FCC pair reimbursed us for the second leg.  

We were told to keep our hotel and meal receipts.  After calling the Celebrity Engagement Center (1-888-305-1427) copies were scanned and e-mailed to: celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com

Note that I called a different number than the one mentioned by Jim.

I was on the phone with a shoreside concierge yesterday as asked if she could check the status of our claim.  She confirmed it was indeed received by e-mail and told me to expect 30 days to process the claim.

4 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

On April 30 my husband tested positive on the first leg of a B2B.  While we were told we could remain on the ship for the second leg (he would have continued in isolation for the first few days of the second leg) we opted to leave the ship on turnaround day and finish his isolation in a hotel.  

We left the ship with sets of FCCs.  One set as compensation for the days he spent in isolation and the second FCC pair reimbursed us for the second leg.  

We were told to keep our hotel and meal receipts.  After calling the Celebrity Engagement Center (1-888-305-1427) copies were scanned and e-mailed to: celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com

I was on the phone with a shoreside concierge yesterday as asked if she could check the status of our claim.  She confirmed it was indeed received by e-mail and told me to expect 30 days to process the claim.

The number I posted was from an email I received from my agent at the Engagement Center.  I'm sure they have more than one.   I usually just all the non-800 number it seems to go through quicker.

When I spoke to them today they confirmed he had submitted everything and expect to see it in 14 to 21 days.   BTW they refunded taxes and Port fees on a separate refund that came through 3 weeks ago.  I didn't even realize until I checked my credit card.    I tested positive the day before your husband.

Jim:  I agree that there is more than one number.  The number I called was answered in less than 60 seconds.  And we also have already had our taxes and port fees refunded onto the credit card which was used to purchase the cruises.  We also found the refund by checking the credit card account.  

Just now, Northern Aurora said:

Jim:  I agree that there is more than one number.  The number I called was answered in less than 60 seconds.  And we also have already had our taxes and port fees refunded onto the credit card which was used to purchase the cruises.  We also found the refund by checking the credit card account.  

I may have called the same number as you.   When I originally got a call from them it came back on my phone as one of the Zenith Reps.  I called that number but didn't want to post it as it's restricted.

I hope we both get our refunds back quickly.  They certainly made it easiest enough.   

Hope you are both doing well and back to cruising again soon.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry to hear you also tested positive.  There are a couple different protocols depending on when your ship departed and whether it was a European and Southampton Sailing or the U.S.   Most of the reimbursement in europe ended between May 1 and May 15.     I tested positive in Southampton on April 29 and am currently working my claim.    In my case they covered 5 days hotel even though we tested positive for 11 days.    Actual receipts required for food reimbursements.

Policy is found here:   https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf

My understanding was the reimbursement of $250/day for land based quarantine and the $100 pp per day ended in Europe  for sailings about the middle of May.    Instead guest could stay aboard at celebrity's expense until quarantine ends. 

Claims are filed via Engagement Center -

image.png.d3a4e963d549b99d3e3c3f558d030b7b.png

Jim--thanks; I've seen all this info and the phone number you used is the one I was on hold with for more than an hour, and I gave up; planning to call later.  I'll try the other number given.  Hope you both are doing well.

51 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Thank you for the different phone number.  I just called, answered within 60 seconds, and they said to email all the receipts to celebrityengagementcentral@celebrity.com.  once we are home.  I should also include a letter mentioning all the things that happened (and that we want full refund, not FCC for our cruise fare).  He said both things (hotel/food reimb. and missed cruise fare) will be refunded to my credit card.  We don't own a smartphone, so I asked re snail mail address or fax number.  Nope, they don't have those choices available.  I "suggested" they provide other choices to submit paperwork as many folks aren't computer literate (we are, but really, no other way to submit paperwork?).  I'll just go to the UPS store, scan the docs and put them in a PDF file to send to Celebrity.  He said that would work.  He said then to call to confirm the docs were received.

I wasn't able to take care of any of this on board because the accounting for the next cruise was not open by the time we were disembarked and our second cruise was not long enough (10 days needed for isolation on board) to cover the time we needed to isolate, so they said we had to get off.

Thank you all for your help.  I can always count on CC.

Edited by 12cruise2

We worked through the Engagement Center - refund of money and FCC for isolation days and cancelled second leg  was about 4 weeks.  The money reimbursement took a couple more calls and about 8 weeks to be refunded to our credit card.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I may have called the same number as you.   When I originally got a call from them it came back on my phone as one of the Zenith Reps.  I called that number but didn't want to post it as it's restricted.

The phone number I posted in post #3 is not one provided to us when we became Zenith in 2016.  I've had it for several years and suspect it has been posted a number of times on Cruise Critic.

When I was on the phone yesterday talking with a Celebrity rep (regarding another matter) and had them check the status of our claim I was using a Zenith phone number.