When do specialty dining reservations open up?

We have b2b backed in January on Vision of the Seas. When I go to cruise planner for dining it says not available until on board.

Does this seem right?

I did call C&A and unfortunately the agent didn’t have a clue. 

TIA

38 minutes ago, josumello said:

We have b2b backed in January on Vision of the Seas. When I go to cruise planner for dining it says not available until on board.

Does this seem right?

I did call C&A and unfortunately the agent didn’t have a clue. 

TIA

Is this for a cruise in Europe.  We just did a cruise in Greece and was told that Europe does not allow you to make dinner reservations in a advance; however, we were able to make them a month out.  I am taking another European cruise in August and they are letting us book dinners.  

2 hours ago, couplelovestravel said:

Is this for a cruise in Europe.  We just did a cruise in Greece and was told that Europe does not allow you to make dinner reservations in a advance; however, we were able to make them a month out.  I am taking another European cruise in August and they are letting us book dinners.  

No. This is a Caribbean Cruise. 

2 hours ago, josumello said:

We have b2b booked in January on Vision of the Seas.

Probably just too early. You could ask others on your sailing if they have the same limitation.

Edited by Biker19

I have seen this for one or two restaurants when they have "sold out" for available on-line reservations, but never "all" restaurants.  It could also be an IT glitch and you just need to check back every couple of days.  I have seen some "re-appear" several days later after having not being shown on the web page.

We have a 15 nighter next April and no dinning options are listed.  All say book onboard.  All other planner items (beverage, internet, etc) are available.  I check every few weeks, but assume they will post dinning options sometime before we board

3 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

We have a 15 nighter next April and no dinning options are listed.  All say book onboard.  All other planner items (beverage, internet, etc) are available.  I check every few weeks, but assume they will post dinning options sometime before we board

Thanks. That is exactly what our reservation says. Looks like patience is needed. 

21 minutes ago, josumello said:

Thanks. That is exactly what our reservation says. Looks like patience is needed. 

So I checked this am and there are now 3 dinning options.  15 night Panama Canal, and they just offered Chops+1, 3 and 5 night options.  I was surprised no UDP or a longer package.  

Not 100% sure the UDP is a good idea for a 15 night cruise (thinking of my waist line), but would at least like to see the options listed