Prices for barber services?

2Oldpeopleinlove

Hello. As we sit in Vancouver waiting to board QE tomorrow (yay!), we find my husband needs a good beard trim. We could go buy the trimmer we forgot to bring ($25 CAD),or he could enjoy barber services on board. Has anyone done this recently? At about what cost?

also, we’re looking for a good, easy way to get from the airport Marriott to the cruise terminal. Yesterday was a grueling travel day, so I want easy. What’s best?

thanks!

18 minutes ago, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Hello. As we sit in Vancouver waiting to board QE tomorrow (yay!), we find my husband needs a good beard trim. We could go buy the trimmer we forgot to bring ($25 CAD),or he could enjoy barber services on board. Has anyone done this recently? At about what cost?

also, we’re looking for a good, easy way to get from the airport Marriott to the cruise terminal. Yesterday was a grueling travel day, so I want easy. What’s best?

thanks!

I did a quick search and found a beard trim/tidy at US $15 and an express shave at US $39. I assume a tip goes on that (15%?).  I've heard the spa has been closed recently, don't know about the salon. 

I'd have thought a taxi is best. It's supposed to be a fixed fare of CAN $35 from the airport. Maybe check with the hotel reception?

Have a wonderful time and do let us know how it goes. 

Edited by elmsliebev
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I went for a hair cut and beard trim on board not long ago and they said they had a special on for a few dollars more was I interested?  I had nothing more to do - it was a sea day and I had nothing booked, so agreed without checking exactly what was involved.

So I had the hair cut and beard trim
Then a hair massage
... Then a  head massage
... Then a facial massage
... Then a neck and shoulder massage
... Then an arm massage 

I began to get a bit fearful I would never get out of the place.

• Like 1