Does 30 points mean anything on Azamara?

kaymoz

I just checked with Celebrity, since I learned here that their Captain's Club is reciprocal with Azamara for the time being.  I only have 30 points!  Does that do anything for us in terms of our first Azamara cruise coming up next month? 

(We are those people who itinerary-driven and despite 10+ cruises, so far we've only repeated a cruiseline once!) 

On 6/11/2022 at 8:09 PM, kaymoz said:

I just checked with Celebrity, since I learned here that their Captain's Club is reciprocal with Azamara for the time being.  I only have 30 points!  Does that do anything for us in terms of our first Azamara cruise coming up next month? 

(We are those people who itinerary-driven and despite 10+ cruises, so far we've only repeated a cruiseline once!) 

My understanding is, points driven perks will be applicable only after the first completed cruise with Azamara:

"Membership. To qualify for enrollment in Azamara Circle, guests must complete one voyage at full fare,* which includes most promotional rates offered in the general marketplace by Azamara. After guest completes qualifying voyages, the membership level will automatically advance to the applicable membership level. Guests will enjoy the new Azamara membership benefits on their next voyage on Azamara."

https://www.azamara.com/int/loyalty/terms-conditions

• Like 1

Thanks for directing me to that page.  I see that Azamara has some reciprocity with Royal Caribbean as well as Celebrity.  We sailed with RCI once also. 
The other day I went into my account profile and entered my Celebrity "Captain's Club" number.   The system automatically transformed that into a Azamara Circle # so I am now at the Adventurer level.  It looks like that could be most useful in terms of the wifi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kaymoz said:

Thanks for directing me to that page.  I see that Azamara has some reciprocity with Royal Caribbean as well as Celebrity.  We sailed with RCI once also. 
The other day I went into my account profile and entered my Celebrity "Captain's Club" number.   The system automatically transformed that into a Azamara Circle # so I am now at the Adventurer level.  It looks like that could be most useful in terms of the wifi.

Since Azamara won't be splitting off their loyalty program from RCG until after your cruise, you will not only cruise as an Adventurer but also keep those 30 points (and add to them whatever this Azamara cruise earns).  When you reach 150 you will move up to Explorer, with even better benefits.

• Like 1

Yes, I can confirm this offers real value. For example, benefits are stacked. So after I booked a CC Suite, my internet charge for 8 days was less than $50 or 70% off the published rate ($159). 50% off due to the suite & 20% off due to the Adventurer level. 

For reference, I had 80 points coming from Celebrity and the current cruise I am on is my first with Azamara. I also received 5% off the unlimited drink package. Not bad.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Since Azamara won't be splitting off their loyalty program from RCG until after your cruise

@Host JazzbeauSeveral questions here.  Does anyone know when Azamara's loyalty program will be split off from Royal?  I am Elite on Celebrity, but my first Azamara cruise is not until December 2022 in a Club Verandah (V3) category.  My Azamara account shows the 385 points from my previous Celebrity cruises.  Looking for some clarification on whether or not I receive immediate eligibility for Discoverer loyalty discount on internet either prior to my cruise or when I board in December?

5 hours ago, mdpa said:

20% off due to the Adventurer level. 

I will not be in a suite as @mdpacurrently is, but their confirmation leads me to conclude I would qualify for a discount on internet.  To receive the 50% Discoverer level loyalty member benefit listed on Azamara's website toward my internet package, am I able to call Azamara to receive this discount (and not be able to use my OBC toward it?) or will I have to wait until I board the ship to get the discount AND apply my OBC?

Edited by Stem to Stern

56 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

@Host JazzbeauSeveral questions here.  Does anyone know when Azamara's loyalty program will be split off from Royal?  I am Elite on Celebrity, but my first Azamara cruise is not until December 2022 in a Club Verandah (V3) category.  My Azamara account shows the 385 points from my previous Celebrity cruises.  Looking for some clarification on whether or not I receive immediate eligibility for Discoverer loyalty discount on internet either prior to my cruise or when I board in December?

The latest published info I have seen says 'first quarter 2023,' so you should be protected.  [They had originally announced a much earlier date for the split off, but I think they discovered that this is a massive project.  They only recently announced the third-party vendor who will develop the new website infrastructure.]

PS – this also means that all the Celebrity 'Power Up Points' that people have been earning for quizzes and other activities over the last two years will carry over to Azamara.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1