MDR large group with littles.. thoughts?

We are cruising with our kids and grandkids on Oasis in December.The littles will be 4 1/2, 2, and 20 months. 

4 couples plus the littles. In the past, when cruising with a large multi-generation group, the fixed dining time was great. Nothing to plan, and a time for everyone to get together after doing their own thing all day.

Here are my questions:

Does the MDR have tables that will accommodate 10 chairs and two high chairs?

Will the folks in the MDR be able to feed us in an hour, rather than two hours if we let them know that leisurely is not our goal? (Note, as Granna on duty, I'll be taking unruly kids out, so no worries on that account).

We don't have to eat in the MDR, but I think it would be nice. Not to turn this into a tipping thread, but I'll say that we will obviously recognize that anyone serving this bunch is going above and beyond.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, cruisin from florida said:

We are cruising with our kids and grandkids on Oasis in December.The littles will be 4 1/2, 2, and 20 months. 

4 couples plus the littles. In the past, when cruising with a large multi-generation group, the fixed dining time was great. Nothing to plan, and a time for everyone to get together after doing their own thing all day.

Here are my questions:

Does the MDR have tables that will accommodate 10 chairs and two high chairs?

Will the folks in the MDR be able to feed us in an hour, rather than two hours if we let them know that leisurely is not our goal? (Note, as Granna on duty, I'll be taking unruly kids out, so no worries on that account).

We don't have to eat in the MDR, but I think it would be nice. Not to turn this into a tipping thread, but I'll say that we will obviously recognize that anyone serving this bunch is going above and beyond.

Thoughts?

My last cruise (Anthem) there were a couple of large family groups in the MDR, they were usually located at large tables by the entrance. Occasionally a family in the middle as well.  How long the meal takes probably is related to what you order, but we were never in there for anything close to two hours.

And some kids were a little jumpy... but so what, that's what kids do.

• Like 1

We have done this.  We had 11 around the table with high chairs.  Book early seating.  Our waiter was very kind.  She knew early was a bit too early so we agreed to show up about 20-30 minutes later and she quickly served us. We got out in time for her to reset for the next sitting.  She had snacks ready at the table for the littles.  We kept our requests to a minimum and kept dinner moving.  I’m guessing each night was about an hour 15 minutes.  Every night one of the grands would take turns melting down…..of course we took them out.  Once the waiter even took one.  We enjoyed getting together and sharing our day and Nana didn’t have to serve or clean up!  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2