Luggage storage at Dublin port?

kaymoz

16 minutes ago, kaymoz said:

Does Azamara offer luggage storage at port for disembarkation/embarkation day?

Azamara does not offer this at disembarkation though there can be private providers in some ports who do.  At embarkation in some ports you can check your luggage in without boarding, at others (particularly in Asia and Australia) you have to then go though the boarding process immediately you had your luggage over.  If you can tell us which ports you are thinking about,  people might be able to give you more specific details.

• Like 1

The port is Dublin.  According to What's In Port, our ship will be at:

"Berth 18 – North Quay Extension

Cruise ships will also dock at Berth 18 located on North Quay Extension, in front of the Thomas Clarke Bridge.  Passengers will disembark/board at North Quay Extension and are permitted to exit the Port on foot via the blue gates on East Wall Road.  The nearest Luas Red Line Tram stop is located at the Point village, approximately a 9 min walk (750m)."

I looked on Google, and that location appears to be the area shown in the photo:2022-06-13.thumb.png.d11d7b016a23404e362a9dcb0442ec9b.png It is close to a P&O ferry facility, so I phoned P&O to see if they had luggage storage -- No. 

I also checked Luggage Hero and the closest location was 1.2 km away. 

The challenge is that I am attempting to organize a private tour for that day, and the operator's vehicle can't likely accommodate everyone's luggage if the group is 6 or more.  So, whatever storage solution I might identify would have to work for others, not just for me and my partner, and therefore the risk tolerance is reduced alot.  Of course,  we could cap the number of people on the tour in order to have more space for luggage but then that would raise the cost.  (e.g., $450/10=$45 each; $450/5=$90 each). 

But at this point, I don't know if anyone would even want to join us -- I haven't announced it on the roll call yet since I wanted to have this worked out!

Edited by kaymoz

You are going to struggle in Dublin, sorry.  They have legacy security constraints from years gone by  Would it be possible for people to leave their luggage at their hotel and for the tour to go back that way before going back to the check in?

You might be optimistic anyway getting 10 people on check in day so maybe keeping the luggage with you is the option, people will have carryon bags with things they will want to keep with them in any event.

• Like 2

UPDATE:  In my investigations, I was unable to identify any bag storage near the Dublin port for that day (even phoned P&O since they have a location there). I even asked my TA to inquire with Az about it since she was going to call them anyway with another question. 

The answer was No Storage for Luggage at Dublin.
I think we'll just have to carry the stuff with us on the tour vehicle, limiting the numbers accordingly.  That is, assuming anyone else would be interested in going to Newgrange on disembarkation day!

Edited by kaymoz

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Luggage storage at Dublin port?

After Newgrange, we'll stay in Dublin for one night and then head off on a 3 day tour to Dingle.  Good thought about the airport tho -- it is right on the way!  And if it turns out that the tour bus to Newgrange can't keep the luggage, it could be a decent option, tho it would delay us alot.