Panorama suites - Upcoming cruise

flyguyjake

Hello, we have our first cruise coming up on Panorama. It will be our first cruise on this ship. We booked a Havana Cabana Suite but found a Grand Suite after. Which room is better? Grand is larger? Why are Havana rooms so much more expensive?

Are there any unpublished suites on Panorama such as a penthouse suite? Years ago Imagine had 2 unpublished penthouses they offered.

Are they still using the Captain's Lounge for Priority check-in?

If we also have family staying in a family harbor room, can they check-in with us?

Can they visit us in the Havana area?

Thank you for the tips.

The Havana area is the reason Havana cabins are so much more.  There are also age requirements to be in that area.  Your family in the family harbor area will not be able to visit you in the Havana area as it is exclusive for those that paid the premium to stay there.  I haven’t stayed in any suites so I can’t answer most of those questions, but can say that we enjoyed the Panorama as a ship.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArchieCruise said:

The Havana area is the reason Havana cabins are so much more.  There are also age requirements to be in that area.  Your family in the family harbor area will not be able to visit you in the Havana area as it is exclusive for those that paid the premium to stay there.  I haven’t stayed in any suites so I can’t answer most of those questions, but can say that we enjoyed the Panorama as a ship.

Same here.  Loved the Panorama.

I will say that when we were on Panorama three weeks ago, we visited the Havana Bar and peeked in to the Havana private area.  It looked very nice and not at all crowded since it is restricted.  We were kinda jealous and will likely book a Havana room in the future.

• Thanks 1

The "Captains Lounge" in Long Beach has been converted to a mobility scooter rental office. 

Currently there is no "Priority" check in, however, there are separate lines for suite guests. Unfortunately suites board first in every boarding group and people in other rooms will wait longer. In practice I have seen Suites and Platinum/Diamonds released to the ramp together, with the herd not long after.

Grand suites are the largest, but I have to tell you the Havana suites on deck 5 would be my favorite on the ship. There are no secret penthouses like on the fantasy class ships. There is only one Captain's Cabin on Panorama, but the captain sleeps in that one. 

2 hours ago, DnD CruiserZ said:

One of the Grand Suites perks is access to the Havana Pool Area. The other suites do not get this perk.

So essentially the Grand Suite has all the perks of a Havana suite yes? I like the balcony on the Grand suite. I don't care for the lack of privacy on the Havana Suite patio, at least from the deck map. I'm sure it's convenient to be on deck 5 though.

We were torn between the nice large patio area on the deck 5 suite (and the close proximity to the Havana Pool Area) and the room layout of the Grand Suite.

We ended up booking the Grand Suite because it offered a few more perks regarding embarkation day, the room layout and we looked at being a bit farther away from the potential noise of the Havana Pool Area as a perk. I am going to guess it wouldn't be too loud due to the restrictions but decided maybe next time.

The lack of privacy on the patio was a concern as well but on the upside, it is just a short walk from the bar to your patio where there is room to have drinks and snacks with friends.