Book cruise early vs future cruise. Which has a better deal?

gryphonmonster85

Hello.. I’m planning to visit Alaska with Princess in summer 2023. This is still 1 year from now and i understand that the deals are quite good at this time. However, there are people saying that booking during your cruise thru next cruise is good too. I am going for a NZ cruise with Princess in Dec. I’d like to find out from seasoned cruisers which will give a better deal? 

Also.. Princess’ 7N cruise is only 1-way. In your experience, is this too rush? And is it more worth to just to do 10N round trip given the extra cost to fly back from Seward to Vancouver or Seattle?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

A lot of your questions have to do directly with Princess sales and related. So I would re-post them on the Princess board, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/

7 versus 10 days is always a personal preference. We almost never consider a 7 day cruise, unless it is part of a larger group of cruises, like 7 day back to back with a 7 or 10 or 12 day cruise, for example. But that is just us, many people can't do more than a 7 day cruise. I would always say more days is better than less. There are some cruise lines that do 14 day Alaska cruises that are NOT back to back...its a great cruise...that was our last Alaska cruise.

Thanks CruiserBruce for your reply. I agree and I wished I had 10D to spare. I was wondering whether a 7N cruise will be too rush for an Alaskan cruise. I would like to spend some time to also explore on land or explore Vancouver/Seattle instead of being confined to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Typically, you will leave from Vancouver OR Seattle. Both are worth exploring, but I would suggest Vancouver. It seems that Vancouver departures have more and longer itineraries.