Splendor Restaurants

Compass Rose is the standard by which all other restaurants onboard are measured.  It's that good.  Often a Specialty Restaurant will out-do Compass Rose - but just as often you hear: I had the same dish in Compass Rose and enjoyed it just as much (or more...).

The only complaint I've ever heard (made?) about a Regent Dining venue was against Setti Mari.  Their portions are too large - basically because you fill-up on all the bread and Antiipasi and you ultimately can't finish your dessert.   Definitely not a strong criticism...  Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With such an extensive menu, sitting in Compass Rose at a table with good company and a great serving team taking care of us makes for a terrific dining experience we think.  We enjoy interacting with the staff who will work hard to ensure everything is to our liking, especially as we get to know one another during a cruise.  The occasional "night out" at one of the speciality restaurants makes for an enjoyable change, but I'd happily dine in CR every night were tables not available elsewhere.

• Like 6

Compass Rose is an amazing restaurant on Splendor.  Dont overlook the option to select the protein, sauce and preparation of you choice.  Hundreds of combinations are possible and each is exceptionally prepared, from Lobster with Chimichuri to Veal with berblanc.  One can literally eat almost whatever they want.  A  beautiful setting and amazing team.  Please go for breakfast, it will be so relaxing.

That said my only gripe was the very limited information about the beautiful art on display around the ship, and a front desk that didnt seem to care to help.  An American whiskey tasting was a joke as well, with flat out wrong information shared, but one cant have everything.

Enjoy lunch at the specialty restaurants.  One of my favorite differences. Some lunch only items are nice easter egg suprises.  Ask your waiter.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 2

Compass Rose is the main dining room. It's "always available" selections have been expanded so much that a significant number of passengers feel is it now better than the specialty restaurants. You can also special order anything you want in Compass Rose with 24 hours notice as long as they have the ingredients onboard. 

You should try all the restaurants and judge for yourself.

Our longest Regent cruise so far has been 14 nights and we eat in Compass Rose most of the time, and we've never gotten bored with the selection.  On rare - RARE - occasions we've had minor issues with slow service, water and wine refills lagging, etc., but 99.8% of the time the service is excellent in our experience.

FWIW, the artist's renderings of Compass Rose on the forthcoming Grandeur look spectacular.  

• Like 1

We did 30 nights on Navigator in 2020 and never tired of Compass Rose. There is a lot of variety with the specialty menu on the right side and and extensive "always available" menu on the left. We went to Prime 7 a couple of times and, frankly, enjoyed the food at Compass Rose better. 

• Like 1

Our first Regent's cruise was a 14 night TA on Splendor.  We ate at specialty restaurants and Compass Rose.  I have to say that the Chef's selection menu (tasting menu? I can't remember exactly!) at Compass Rose was almost always what I went with.....never had anything that I didn't enjoy heartily!

Now, I have 2 more cruises booked (alas, the next not until late 2023) and am already salivating for the dinners!

Who started this thread!!!??? 😉

• Like 1