On Point proctored covid test

On Point proctored covid testing over the web, advertises that you can use any free government covid test and with a $10 payment they will proctor your test online and send you the results. Is this legit? Has anyone used them? 

Thanks, we cruise in August and our town is shutting down our local covid testing sites. 

I sure hope it is legit. We test on Thursday for a Saturday departure. We have a PCR test booked as a back up but I’m afraid the 48 hour result turn around won’t come through in time. They aren’t offering the rapid antigen tests at CVS or Walgreens around us anymore. I can come back and let you know on Saturday.

🤞🏼😱 😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HalfWhit said:

On Point proctored covid testing over the web, advertises that you can use any free government covid test and with a $10 payment they will proctor your test online and send you the results. Is this legit? Has anyone used them? 

Thanks, we cruise in August and our town is shutting down our local covid testing sites. 

There are at least a half dozen threads asking the same thing.  All the people who responded that they had used it said, "Yes."

11 hours ago, sdteacher said:

I sure hope it is legit. We test on Thursday for a Saturday departure. We have a PCR test booked as a back up but I’m afraid the 48 hour result turn around won’t come through in time. They aren’t offering the rapid antigen tests at CVS or Walgreens around us anymore. I can come back and let you know on Saturday.

🤞🏼😱 😎

That would be awesome, yes please let me know. I am sure it will work, I just want to be sure. 

Dianne

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

There are at least a half dozen threads asking the same thing.  All the people who responded that they had used it said, "Yes."

I did a search prior to posting and nothing came up. Just a lot of threads about Covid Testing. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HalfWhit said:

I did a search prior to posting and nothing came up. Just a lot of threads about Covid Testing. 

It wasn't a criticism.  I was reporting the accumulated anecdotal evidence.  😄 

For those having trouble booking rapid test appointments sounds like a winner to me. 

Free government tests are everywhere and getting one proctored for a nominal charge is a good thing.

I sense that a lot of people using the free tests are getting false positive results because they aren't using them correctly.  

We did our covid test with OnPoint yesterday. It was easy and the proctor on Zoom was very friendly and easy to understand. We had an email within a few minutes with the results. The first email had results that seemed not very official but we received a PDF result email about 15 minutes later that looked way more official. I’ve attached photos of both. We board tomorrow. We also did a backup test at CVS but we still haven’t got those results yet. They aren’t offering rapid tests at CVS or Walgreens in our area anymore. 

C5B46AC0-D97C-47A6-913C-31910270EDF7.jpeg

DAF9BA7B-2E68-4312-A481-ED224E1BF1F0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2022 at 10:29 PM, HalfWhit said:

Where are you seeing it's $10?  I see $17.99 or $18.99....

ETA - I just read elsewhere that the price is fluctuating daily.

Edited by mathmagician
  • Thanks 1

We used OnPoint last week and it worked fine.  The person at the port checking us in did initially question the 'Test Results TBD' in the middle of the print out, but when we pointed out the negative result they waived us right through.  If testing is still needed in August we will probably use them again.  We used CVS in the past but none of the ones around us have rapids anymore.