Windstar now requiring self-testing pre-embarkation

Pudgesmom

Will be on cruise after Sept. 6.  No testing?  Saw that and got excited.  Not so fast. Don’t think so. Got info from Windstar, Airlines, and Canada.  Each one has a different list of forms and testing. Even though Windstar will stop testing, Canada insists that all cruises must test.  We also have to file the Canada forms twice since we are flying in a day before our cruise.   This scenario makes Bermuda look easy. I hated the stuff that we had to do to go to Bermuda. I am hoping that September might bring changes to the Canadian requirements.  They are crazy.

4 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Will be on cruise after Sept. 6.  No testing?  Saw that and got excited.  Not so fast. Don’t think so. Got info from Windstar, Airlines, and Canada.  Each one has a different list of forms and testing. Even though Windstar will stop testing, Canada insists that all cruises must test.  We also have to file the Canada forms twice since we are flying in a day before our cruise.   This scenario makes Bermuda look easy. I hated the stuff that we had to do to go to Bermuda. I am hoping that September might bring changes to the Canadian requirements.  They are crazy.

Canada is cautious.  Good.  We'll test before our Canada cruise.

• Like 1

If I read the Arrive Canada correctly, we have to submit forms twice.  First to arrive by plane. If staying in a hotel,. Then we have to submit it again before embarkation.  Both are within 72 hours .   Since we are staying one night in hotel, I will be submitting both forms at the same time.  That’s insane.  

• 3 weeks later...

We just did this a few weeks ago and it is what it is. Didn't mind the 2 ArrivCan's  as much as my husband getting selected at the airport for a PCR test. Couldn't use the antigen test the cruise line did at the hotel. Fortunately there was a place open on Sunday within waking distance of the hotel. More paperwork. Then we also had to do customs forms for both the US and Canada since we were flip-flopping between ports in both countries. Forgot we also did a health assessment, but I don't know if that was just required by the cruise line or Canada too. Lot's of paperwork sure sure!