opinions on EA+ emerg evac insurance

Hawaiidan

4 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

ya  the quoted me  900-1200 for a policy  for a year  that would expire just before my next cruise !!!   

For 74+  they only do annual. my  friend + you have a ton of paperwork to submit     EA+   180 for 2 for a year..... to me  almost   $ 1000 difference

DH only had to submit a very short form, and the same for his physician, once he turned 75.  He had to agree to let MJA review his medical records, but they never asked for that.  And they let him know he was accepted within a week.

It was all much more simple than we had expected ("feared"!).

We both lost most of the coverage year, unfortunately.  Our trip ended in mid-December, 2019... and after that, we went absolutely no place for the remaining majority of that coverage year...  Not at all what we had hoped! 😞 

I don't understand what you meant by "...EA+   180 for 2 for a year..."

[It's sometimes difficult to understand what you are writing.]

GC

8 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

I don't understand what you meant by "...EA+   180 for 2 for a year..."

[It's sometimes difficult to understand what you are writing.]

I can help, I speak Dan, 

He's saying that the Emergency Assistance + is $180 for 2 people for a year, while the Med Jet Assist is $900- $1200 annually, but runs out before his cruise starts. That makes the Med Jet about $1000 a year more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

He's saying that the Emergency Assistance + is $180 for 2 people for a year, while the Med Jet Assist is $900- $1200 annually, but runs out before his cruise starts. That makes the Med Jet about $1000 a year more. 

The 2 plans are apples & oranges! MJA flys you home at no cost; EA+ arranges for YOU to pay an air evac to fly you home.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but EA+ just makes arrangements for client paid med evacuations; whereas MJA actually provides and pays for service.

I did not read it that way....but I will check....      No way am I going to lay out a grand for 14 days...  to rich for me    Since I already hold business paid tickets for return I think I have it covered already myself with my medical + existing air. and 900K in UA miles in reserve,   so no $10,000 air bill looming.    and my 20K CC COVERAGE .......... Further  its all in europe  not in darkest  Kai Fung Foo  .    I can  stay with friends if needed      .    

5 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

The 2 plans are apples & oranges! MJA flys you home at no cost; EA+ arranges for YOU to pay an air evac to fly you home.

Thanks for the input.    I will save the $180   and  skip the whole thing....sounded like a good idea at the time,    Works for others  but not in my case  I have discovered I have other options I did not consider ( see last post.  I eill be in Europe next week and will check out stuff locally my self wit my euro friends

Again, thanks  everyone for all your help.....thanks

According to the flyer I received from AAA and Emergency Assistance Plus,  EA+ will "cover expenses for medical transportation, medical evacuation and companion assistance." They do more than just  arrange transport.  I purchased a policy a few months ago after speaking with an agent. As with any policy, there are exclusions and hoops to jump through. I always buy traditional travel insurance when I go overseas, but I thought this was a good policy to have because it covers us when we travel in the United States.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, aqua said:

According to the flyer I received from AAA and Emergency Assistance Plus,  EA+ will "cover expenses for medical transportation, medical evacuation and companion assistance." They do more than just  arrange transport.  I purchased a policy a few months ago after speaking with an agent. As with any policy, there are exclusions and hoops to jump through. I always buy traditional travel insurance when I go overseas, but I thought this was a good policy to have because it covers us when we travel in the United States.

Thats what I thought.... I read.   In that case Its worth the minimal cost...    Med jet  says they will fly home any "companion in economy.          Thanks amigo.... for you input and help      

• Like 1