TV sports on carribean cruises

CruiseScrooge

I'm getting back into cruising going solo after doing elder care for years. Looking to do my first cruise that isn't the cheapest i can find. Would AZ cruises in the fall and winter have MLB, NFL, and college football? And anyone know it the 2022 FIFA World Cup football/soccer will be available? 

The sports coverage is determined by where you cruise. In most cases, outside of North America, you’ll not find coverage of any NFL, NCAA football or MLB except possibly scores but FIFA World Cup should be covered but I have no experience with it while cruising.  

Wow thats a bit of a judgemental leap!  

As avid World Cup followers we can confirm Azamara has offered it onboard the last twice in 2014 and 2018 and made a feature of events - who can forget watching the game poolside in 2014 with the large Brazilian contingent when Germany comprehensively dumped Brazil out of the contest.  There is an ESPN sports channel on the TV which does also show sports the original poster asked about although not always a reliable schedule.  Key matches in the run up to Super Bowl are also shown as features often in the Caberet lounge as is the final.

Thanks for the replies. I'd sail out of florida to the carribean. I don't care about sports bars unless they get channels the other tvs dont. I was wondering more if the Onward would carry a national feed of CBS, FOX,ABC,NBC, ESPN etc and what city they would come out of. I stopped cruising 6 years ago and even back then it seems the cruise lines were dropping the national feeds of the networks i mentioned. The feeds were and still are free for home viewing in whatever legal mombo jumbo they use and i'm guessing even if they say a cruise line using it is a commercial license i'm guessing it shouldn't be all that much money. I guess i should have been happy years ago getting a feed out of Denver instead of b-itching because it wasn't NYC.

• Haha 1