Haven on Norwegian Star

you can still eat breakfast and lunch at either modeno or cagney's as they are designated for suite passengers, you still get the services of both butler and concierge, and the cabins designated as suites are almost identical to those called haven suites.

note this does not include "club balcony suites"

the star does not have a  special bar, restaurant or pool area.  all things being equal, it's not a bad ship. we're booked on  the star this sept london to copenhagen

• Like 1

Don't let the lack of a Haven turn you off of the Star, it's a really good ship.  We did the Baltic on it a few years ago and really enjoyed it and are in a suite next month for Iceland/Greenland, so we'll get the "Haven-less Haven" experience.  🙂

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

We are thinking of going on The Star for the Buenos Aires to Uruguay, Falkland Island, Antartica in 2024 for it sounds like a nice adventure.

While somewhat new to sailing, we have only been on week long cruises in the Caribbean. 

The last cruise was on the Joy, with a haven suite, and it was amazing.

I was unaware that the Suites had their own restaurant.

We are also not picky eaters and, quite frankly, I still think of how many wonderful meals we had in the haven.

I actually had a hard time not staying with what I liked and could've had the same meal every day!

Let me know if this is accurate and if the club balcony suite falls into this category to get private dining.

Also, if anyone has been on a sailing out of Buenos Aires please let me know.

sorry, lucky. club balcony suites are just renamed (and slightly remodeled ) mini suites. no private dining, no butler or concierge, you may get a free bottle of champagne, a delivery of chocolate covered strawberries, and a free bag of laundry, but no private dining

the "real" suites on the star (or any other ncl ship) are almost identical to the haven cabins, with almost the same perks. on ships with an actual haven deck, the only difference is access to the have pool and bar area (haven complex)  so if you really want the goodies, i strongly recommend you pop for the star suites, if it fits you budget