Children and Certificate of Recovery

Could not find info specific to CoR and children on the boards or the RCCL site so wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this. The RCCL site does not specify age ranges or vaccination status and I have emailed them a few times with no response. I called them and the person on the phone confirmed the below is true, however, had to put me on hold about 5 times to ask other people so feel I need more confirmation!

We have a group travelling on the Quantum of the Seas in August out of Seattle. One of the passengers who is a 3-year old unvaccinated child recently contracted COIVD (within 90 days of sailing) and we wanted to confirm the Certificate of Recovery process for a child.

The Royal Caribbean website does not specify an age range or a vaccination status for the Certificate of Recovery so we are assuming it would still apply regardless.

We are trying to confirm the following:
1. An unvaccinated child who contracted COVID less than 90 days from sailing can utilize the Certificate of Recovery process (have a positive PCR test and doctor's letter of recovery).
2. Because of the Certificate of Recovery, the child would not need to undergo the pre-cruise PCR test just like adults are not required to do a pre-cruise test when using the Certificate of Recovery.
3. Because of the Certificate of Recovery, the child would not need to undergo the terminal antigen testing.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you have a certificate of recovery, you don't need any pre-boarding test or the disembarkation test for the unvaccinated.

image.png.c99569412817902b18c30f8dd6bcb42d.png

Thanks - was that by chance from a Royal website? If not, do you have the source?

Thanks

If I’ve recently recovered from COVID-19, will I still need to be vaccinated to sail? Will I still have to take a COVID-19 test before or during my cruise?

A

For Cruises Departing the U.S. ports, Puerto Rico and Canada

A Certificate of Recovery will not be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record card for guests of vaccine eligible age. All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. 

For all sailings departing on or after March 11, 2022, a Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 90 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. However, certain ports (listed below) will not permit guests to go ashore using a Certificate of Recovery. The following two documents must be presented:

1. A certified medical health certificate from a doctor stating that you have fully recovered from COVID-19. It must meet the following requirements:
    • Official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
      • Their name
      • Their address
      • Their phone number
      • Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation 
    • Must be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provider
    • Must confirm the sample collection date of the positive PCR test, which must be a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise
  2. A positive result document for a COVID-19 PCR test taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise. An antigen test result will not be accepted with a Certificate of Recovery. The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If I’ve recently recovered from COVID-19, will I still need to be vaccinated to sail? Will I still have to take a COVID-19 test before or during my cruise?

A

For Cruises Departing the U.S. ports, Puerto Rico and Canada

A Certificate of Recovery will not be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record card for guests of vaccine eligible age. All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. 

For all sailings departing on or after March 11, 2022, a Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 90 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. However, certain ports (listed below) will not permit guests to go ashore using a Certificate of Recovery. The following two documents must be presented:

1. A certified medical health certificate from a doctor stating that you have fully recovered from COVID-19. It must meet the following requirements:
    • Official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
      • Their name
      • Their address
      • Their phone number
      • Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation 
    • Must be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provider
    • Must confirm the sample collection date of the positive PCR test, which must be a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise
  2. A positive result document for a COVID-19 PCR test taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise. An antigen test result will not be accepted with a Certificate of Recovery. The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

Thanks. That's the part I saw online too, however, the CoR in lieu of testing doesn't say anything about age limits or vaccinations status so wanting to make sure before everyone flies to Seattle to then have an issue.

2 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

The answer to all of your questions is yes, however, the letter does state that the test needs to be from a doctor's office, and not an at home test.  The letter is very specific, so please read it carefully.

Yup, have the positive PCR test already so they will be getting a doctor's note once he has recovered from symptoms. Thanks

Same issue with us, our 8 yr old grandson was positive, no symptoms!! 

....we have the official documented test, and it's been over 3 weeks and he still tests positive.  So will need a COR for our cruise.   

My questions is what is a COR???    Is it just a note from your doctor stating that you have completely recovered from COVID?   There is not a certain form we need to obtain and have filled out?