First timer on SS Spirit on 09/02 with a question or two!

Georgiagirl1204

Very excited to join the Silver Spirit on September 2, after having booked the trip with five friends over a year and a half ago.  We come from Seabourn, which we have thoroughly enjoyed, but thought we would give this line a try.  Pardon if this has been asked and answered, but is sunscreen provided? Also, we booked prior to the Door to Door option.  We are arriving in Athens three nights prior, one night being paid by SS, and transfers are included of course, but since we didn't book when this program was initiated, we would not be provided the limo service to the airport, correct?  We all live in suburban Atlanta, within 50 miles from the airport.  Oh, our return flights have already been cancelled, so I'm glad we allowed SS Air to handle the air arrangements.  Now its up to them to find six business class seats back to Atlanta this close to take off!  Anyone else on this voyage?

TIA

Sallie

I'll be following you, please continue about your trip we board her in Nov ATH-ATH and our DL flts with SSAir, thankfully, have already been messed up. DL now has us flying out the day the ship leaves. My TA called them 3 weeks ago and they said they were working flts in order of the cruises. Our final pmt is coming up soon and I'd sure like to know that we'll actually get there in time to board.

Good luck with your flights. We just got our seat assignments yesterday. We are a bit concerned about our return, as we dock in Athens at 7:00 a.m., have to disembark, assemble luggage, make transfers to airport (45 minute drive) and make a 11:05 a.m. flight. 😳

On 6/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, Georgiagirl1204 said:

We are a bit concerned about our return, as we dock in Athens at 7:00 a.m., have to disembark, assemble luggage, make transfers to airport (45 minute drive) and make a 11:05 a.m. flight. 😳

Easy peasy.

No need to stress between now and disembarkation day as your brain will ruin your entire cruise if you let it.

• 2 weeks later...

How does one book a transfer to the airport (port-to-port fare)? I see where they have 3 tours to the airport listed  but my flight time doesn’t permit one of those. Where do I find just plain transfers?

1 hour ago, mariadeal said:

I was just wondering about the debarkation process and if you made your 11:05 flight back to Atlanta?? We have an 08:00 arrival with an 11:30 flight to Atlanta! I’m nervous to book this!

The cruise is not until 9/2, if I read correctly.

I would not want to do an 11:30 flight to U.S. with an 8AM arrival.  If you miss the flight (delayed security, traffic, or whatever), SS can just say "oh well, we'll get you home" and then get you on another flight, of course in another seat, or the next day, that just doesn't work for your schedule or health life  (or maybe even in coach, if you booked business, and then refund the price difference -- meanwhile suffering through a transatlantic coach seat or a 10 hour layover is not just inconvenient, but unhealthy for some of us as we age). Flights are so tight these days, many cancellations, hard to get rebooked in prime seasons, that unless you are real healthy and really don't care about what flight or what seat you are rebooked in, as long as you get home, it is important.

My preference is to be in control of my flights as much as I can be, as I have various vulnerabilities, and am the only one who knows what is acceptable.  If a cruise requires surrender of flight control (like to Antarctica recently, where sudden "charters" popped up, e.g., due to the "bubble" requirement, or whatever, I am much less likely to book it. 

Edited by Catlover54
Typo