Viking Discounts Offered during Viking Cruise

berryvillebomber

1 hour ago, berryvillebomber said:

Hello,
What kind of discounts and what dollar amount of discount does Viking offer to passengers on a current ocean or river cruise?
Thank you.

Michael

Welcome to cruise critic, just noted it is your first post.

Without more details, it is a tough question to answer. Some cruises, such as Trans-Atlantic may receive reduced fares as the cruise approaches, but since many Viking cruises sell out more than a year in advance, many of them increase in cost.

Since we booked our next cruise, the cabin has increased $12,000 pp.

If you review the website, you will see they provide monthly incentives, such as reduced deposits, discounted air, etc on some cruises.

On our last two river cruises, we had the opportunity to purchase a $200 future cruise voucher for $100. We could each purchase 2 I believe. The voucher is fully transferable, with no time limit for use. I think there are some onboard credit perks if you book an ocean cruise while onboard, we will find out in August. 

• Like 1

I recently had friends on a Viking ocean cruise.  Because you're on a cruise you're considered a past guest level 1, which gets you a $200 per person discount.  Because you're booking onboard you get a $200 onboard booking discount.  Sometimes you can also get on-board credit on your current cruise.  Sometimes there are specials, but it's better if you know what you want and check web-specials before you talk with the onboard cruise consultant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDR2001 said:

On our last two river cruises, we had the opportunity to purchase a $200 future cruise voucher for $100. We could each purchase 2 I believe. The voucher is fully transferable, with no time limit for use. I think there are some onboard credit perks if you book an ocean cruise while onboard, we will find out in August. 

You can purchase as many as you want.  We bought 8 each.

• Like 1

Perks for booking a cruise while on a cruise vary by cruise.  For instance, it benefitted us to book the cruises we booked before one cruise ended and another started (we were on a B2B2B) because of this.  

• Like 1