Pricing

procter

I know pricing is always an emotional issue but I have just laughed until I almost cried.

Ritz Carlton bottom grade suite 

17500 English pounds I.e.2500 per day for 7 day cruise ex Istanbul Sept.

300 square ft 

There must be a lot of folks/fools with a lot of money for RC to think they can run 3 ships at these rates in 2 years time.

• Thanks 1

I thought Gary Bembridge's video on this topic was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJG1imtPpg

At 14:30 he states the conclusion, "What you're paying for is exclusivity." That kind of exclusivity is not worth paying £2500 per day for me. But I think those people live in a world with one or more zeros in their net worth than I. Fortunately, I'm quite happy with the exclusivity of Azamara at $400 pp per day, balcony.

Edited by Mercruiser
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I thought Gary Bembridge's video on this topic was interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJG1imtPpg

At 14:30 he states the conclusion, "What you're paying for is exclusivity." That kind of exclusivity is not worth paying £2500 per day for me. But I think those people live in a world with one or more zeros in their net worth than I. Fortunately, I'm quite happy with the exclusivity of Azamara at $400 pp per day, balcony.

Well, there's always another degree of exclusivity... Was walking by this superyacht in the port of Tarragona, the charter price tag was at 1,000,000 euro a week for a max of 12 guests - that's about £10,000 pp per day but the exclusivity level is very different)

• Like 2

Pricing. It’s no big deal when your comparing apples with pears, oranges, grapes or slightly soft bananas. It’s the same as saying why do some people who want a hotel on The Strand in London stay in The Travelodge and others go 50 yards further on to The Savoy. Each person pays what they think is their price and factors in what they value in that calculation starting with the fundamental question affordability. From that consideration they make their choices. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Mercruiser said:

Fortunately, I'm quite happy with the exclusivity of Azamara at $400 pp per day, balcony.

Edited 6 hours ago by Mercruiser

And I am super happy paying something like $278 pp per day, balcony, with Azamara for our next cruise!

• Like 5