KLM has dedicated Delta Sky Priority check-in at Schipol

Boarding info for our  KLM flight booked through Delta stated it left from terminal 2. On arriving at Schipol we got in the line for terminal 2. Several minutes later an airport worker instructed KLM  passengers to go to terminal 3 for check-in. We then walked in the building back towards the check-in gates assigned to our flight.  Just as we were getting in the long check-in line I heard someone ask about Delta priority check-in.  It was at gates 9-11 and there were only 4-5 groups in each line where we were given paper boarding passes and checked our luggage. 

The check-in agent directed us to the Delta sky priority line leading up to security.  Again, the lines to go upstairs and the security line were much shorter than those for general boarding ticket holders. 

The passport control  line was also much shorter. 

We spoke to a group who missed their flight because they did not know about the Priority lines. We also spoke to several other  groups who missed flights yesterday and some who were not going to make their flights this morning.  We heard at least one airport employee say there was nothing they could do to prioritize people with soon-to-depart flights. 

When you get to Schipol ask and ask again to make sure you are in the right line.  Some waited in much longer lines than necessary and others waited in line only to be told at the front of the line that they were in the wrong line. 

We got off the ship at 7:00 am and were able to get right in a taxi for the airport.  We were through check-in, security and passport control at 9:30 am using the Delta sky priority lines. 

As others have reported the inter-Europe line even at 7:30 in the morning seemed impossibly long snaking back and forth for a very long distance outside the airport. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much for posting this information. It was concerning knowing that we were at high risk of missing our 10:50 am flight to Toronto. Luckily, we have Delta Priority but until reading your post was unsure what that meant in terms of getting us to the gate in time. Looks like we now have an excellent chance to make the flight.

Was it possible to leave the ship any earlier and did you prebook a cab?

I'd like to thank you also for posting this. We'll be flying out of Schiphol on August 7th from our Arctic Circle cruise. We're flying DL One first class at 2:30pm AMS-LAX via SEA and thought DL priority should come into play somewhere...now I know it will.

We departed from Amsterdam (Schiphol) airport on July 2.  If you cannot stand or walk for 1 to 2 hours I highly recommend that you ask for wheel chair assistance.  

There is a Sky Priority check in area.  Once checked in you join another line for security.  This line is split into two: Sky Priority/First/Business and a longer line for Comfort+ and Economy. A long but moving line will get you to scan your boarding pass and then up the escalator to get to the security line/area.  Once thru security there is another very short line to scan your passport and get it physically stamped and finally you are in the gate area. Of course you have to get to your gate but once in the gate area all chaos disappears and it seemed almost serene to wander through the shopping opportunities to your gate . Our flight left 1/2 hour late which gave extra time to board for those who were still caught in the process.  

If you are Sky Priority/First/Business you will still be on lines but they are shorter than Economy and once in the gate area you can relax in the KLM Lounge.

Bon voyage! Buen viaje! Safe travels.

11 hours ago, Larainerenee said:

Is the Delta Priority line for everyone flying on a DL flight? We have Skymiles accounts - will that qualify?

I believe DL Sky Priority is for bookings made on Comfort + and above. But it won't hurt to ask once at the airport. Best of luck.

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

I believe DL Sky Priority is for bookings made on Comfort + and above. But it won't hurt to ask once at the airport. Best of luck.

Thanks - we did book Comfort plus, so, fingers crossed.....

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 5:05 PM, HowieG said:

Thanks so much for posting this information. It was concerning knowing that we were at high risk of missing our 10:50 am flight to Toronto. Luckily, we have Delta Priority but until reading your post was unsure what that meant in terms of getting us to the gate in time. Looks like we now have an excellent chance to make the flight.

Was it possible to leave the ship any earlier and did you prebook a cab?

The only way to get off the ship earlier is to do self-assist departure by schlepping your own bags out. We did not pre-book a cab and when we got outside there was no line of people waiting for one. 

One thing that was confusing (and strange) at the port was that the luggage groups were not in numerical order.  Our group and 2 others was behind a screen separating them from most other groups. At the port we had to ask 2 people where to find the group with our tag numbers. 

On 7/2/2022 at 8:35 PM, Ashland said:

I'd like to thank you also for posting this. We'll be flying out of Schiphol on August 7th from our Arctic Circle cruise. We're flying DL One first class at 2:30pm AMS-LAX via SEA and thought DL priority should come into play somewhere...now I know it will.

You’re welcome.  We also had access to the KLM lounge which was very busy but nice and on the way to our gate. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

The only way to get off the ship earlier is to do self-assist departure by schlepping your own bags out. We did not pre-book a cab and when we got outside there was no line of people waiting for one. 

One thing that was confusing (and strange) at the port was that the luggage groups were not in numerical order.  Our group and 2 others was behind a screen separating them from most other groups. At the port we had to ask 2 people where to find the group with our tag numbers. 

I'm ok to schlepp bags...do you think a 6:30am departure is workable? I would prearrange a cab.

15 hours ago, Larainerenee said:

Thanks - we did book Comfort plus, so, fingers crossed.....

The Delta app check-in tab linked us to the KLM site.  The morning of disembarkation we were able after some trial and error to check-in with KLM (we thought the KLM site was clunky and not intuitive but perhaps it’s because we so rarely use it).  Once we received electronic boarding tickets we were able to see that the top right corner indicated we had Sky Priority. We were going to try to print off paper boarding passes at an airport kiosk because the KLM website said to print the passes if they were in .pdf form, which ours were, but many of the machines were not working.  When we checked-in at the Sky Priority desk the agent provided us with paper boarding tickets which also indicated we had Sky Priority.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HowieG said:

I'm ok to schlepp bags...do you think a 6:30am departure is workable? I would prearrange a cab.

Usually the first departure time for self assist can be at least one hour after arrival once the ship has been cleared. So this depends on your arrival time.

We're OK to schlepp our bags also... ours roll very easily.