Covid test requirement on B2B cruises

I have a B2B this October.  It's no problem to get a Covid test before my first cruise, but am I required to disembark, go somewhere and be retested and then come back and wait in the terminal building until people can board?   I called NCL, and the rep was not sure.

At this time, Covid tests for B2B passengers are being provided onboard.  You will get an email reminding you to set up a Eurofins account before you board (just because the internet is better) and the testing is done by Eurofins.  You can stay and wait the 15 minutes for results or you will receive a letter in your cabin with your results and your results will be emailed to you.  Usually testing on B2B cruises is done the second to last day.

Things could change between now and October though.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by YVRteacher

We went on a back to back in March on the Breakaway. We had to go to the Bliss Lounge on the 2nd to last day before returning to New Orleans for our covid test. It took about 15 minutes and then received our negative test results, our wristband and new sail cards.

• Like 1

From NCL site.  I wonder how you know which country requires it? 

Will I be required to take a COVID-19 test in order to embark on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing?

No, guests will not be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test before continuing on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing unless symptomatic, unvaccinated or if a specific country requires it.

27 minutes ago, Level six said:

I saw that, but where does it state about testing for B2B?  What did I miss? 

Other than to satisfy your curiosity, why does it matter? If a test is needed NCL will do it on the ship at no cost to you .

The requirements change so frequently that it would be difficult to keep the website up to date and since there's nothing a passenger has to do to prepare for a B2B test it doesn't seem to be worth the effort to keep the website up to date. 

26 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Other than to satisfy your curiosity, why does it matter? If a test is needed NCL will do it on the ship at no cost to you .

The requirements change so frequently that it would be difficult to keep the website up to date and since there's nothing a passenger has to do to prepare for a B2B test it doesn't seem to be worth the effort to keep the website up to date. 

I am aware how the testing is done, I have been on 2 B2B's this year.

It's more than curiosity. It is travel planning for possibly being taken off the ship in a different country and planning for that.  

Having that information is the difference between me spending lots of $$$ on 4 B2B or not booking. I think it is worth NCL keeping up to date for people who like to be informed as to possible problems, etc.  If it doesn't matter to you...........good for you, book a cruise. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Level six said:

I am aware how the testing is done, I have been on 2 B2B's this year.

It's more than curiosity. It is travel planning for possibly being taken off the ship in a different country and planning for that.  

Having that information is the difference between me spending lots of $$$ on 4 B2B or not booking. I think it is worth NCL keeping up to date for people who like to be informed as to possible problems, etc.  If it doesn't matter to you...........good for you, book a cruise. 

So before the B2B testing procedure change you weren't concerned about possibly being taken off the ship in a foreign country when you knew you would always have to be tested before the second or subsequent segment ? The new procedure lessens the chance of that happening so why would it cause greater concern?

35 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

So before the B2B testing procedure change you weren't concerned about possibly being taken off the ship in a foreign country when you knew you would always have to be tested before the second or subsequent segment ? The new procedure lessens the chance of that happening so why would it cause greater concern?

I only sailed B2B in USA, so less of a concern if I had to be taken off the ship.

More of a concern if I am in Buenos Aires, Santiago or Rio de Janeiro. 

• Like 1